Tools and Info Question

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Tools and Info Question

Post by brainiac3397 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:43 am
([msg=60811]see Tools and Info Question[/msg])

I'm VERY new to hacking. I could be termed an amatuer newb but as they say "practice makes perfect". What i'd like to ask is what tools you guys tend to use for your hacking. Preferably free software for now but i could make do with a list of software you need pay for as long as i could make the best use out of it.

I'd also like to ask for maybe a few sites that'd teach some basics. Basically i need something to get this ball rolling cause i have absolutely no idea on how to get started. I did complete some missions but that was from some help of a friend and that was some time ago(not worried about missions as of now). Maybesome tools would be of assistance,plus maybe some friendly tips and advise :)

Cross the sites for now.
brainiac3397
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tools and Info Question

Post by mShred on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 am
([msg=60812]see Re: Tools and Info Question[/msg])

Some tools: Cain and Able
Firefox/Firebug
VirtualBox
Linux itself
SQLmap
Blahbitty blah...
Tools are not what make a hacker. The knowledge is what makes one. Don't be a skiddy by using LOIC. Divulge into everything computers. Understand how to program works, rather than watching a tutorial on how to use it. That said, tools are helpful. But we're not script kiddies here.
mShred
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by tremor77 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 pm
([msg=60832]see Re: Tools and Info Question[/msg])

Tools:
- Notepad++
- TOR
- A LAMP Box
- Eclipse/Netbeans or some other IDE for programming.
- Zenmap/Nmap
- A Good Lawyer
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Post by brainiac3397 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 pm
([msg=60835]see Re: Tools and Info Question[/msg])

Not planning( :shock:) on being a script kiddie. I do plan on doing things myself since i tend to learn better when i'm actually doing something. Thanks for the information.(Plus the fact my computer has been repaired and is now completely clean of everything,i can concentrate on programming/hacking without worrying about hard drive space. My computer's hard drive was quite full before).
brainiac3397
New User
New User

Return to NZone