Programs

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Programs

Post by tom2012g on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 pm
([msg=27893]see Programs[/msg])

Hey my name is tom an I have a question. Is there a Program thats uses brute force to find a password for a user on a site. lets say I forgot my password on a website that doesn't have a limit on the amount of passwords you try is there a program that will use brute force to get my password? If you don't understand my question message me..

_______________ Tom :ugeek: ______________
tom2012g
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programs

Post by mischief on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 pm
([msg=27896]see Re: Programs[/msg])

yes.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 pm
([msg=27897]see Re: Programs[/msg])

ROFL.

Why is common sense so uncommon.

Think about it. Brute force sends millions of random guesses. If you brute forced over the internet, not only would the site not be able to process all the brute forcing, it would think you were DDoSing it (which you unintentionally are) and wouldn't let you.

If it's just a matter of decrypting a hash however, then you can. As long as it's not over the internet.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by tom2012g on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 pm
([msg=27898]see Re: Programs[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:ROFL.

Think about it. Brute force sends millions of random guesses. If you brute forced over the internet, not only would the site not be able to process all the brute forcing, it would think you were DDoSing it (which you unintentionally are) and wouldn't let you.

If it's just a matter of decrypting a hash however, then you can. As long as it's not over the internet.

Lol yea I didn't think of that but I need to get a password for my username off a site how can I do that.
tom2012g
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 pm
([msg=27900]see Re: Programs[/msg])

tom2012g wrote:
sanddbox wrote:ROFL.

Lol yea I didn't think of that but I need to get a password for my username off a site how can I do that.

Click the "I forgot my password!" button and check your email.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Return to General