Article submissions

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Article submissions

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:47 pm
([msg=26985]see Article submissions[/msg])

I have tried twice to post a article to HTS. Both times the article was rejected. The first one did suck, I can understand that rejection. The second one, which I shall post here now, was also rejected after it was completely rewritten. I went to IRC to try to find some answers. I found a few and heard a couple gripes. One of which was a completely assinine situation. While I was discussing this with a new acquaintance one of HTSs' crude "hackers" burned my IRC session, because thats all that he or she could pull off. I promise to let as many of the old crew hear about this as I can. HTS is smelling like complete BS at this point in time and it makes me sick. This used to be a relatively free and open site that was supported solely by members funds. Now its got this advertising garbage and one crappy lead mod. I talked to Genome about this Silent_Shadow and he asked if you were still around. I came back to the site and see that indeed you are around, but here its your girlfriend that your letting act like Hitler. WTF!!! :roll:

Here's my "crappy" rejected article:

The New NSA Mission

The N.S.A. is back in the news regarding a new data center being constructed at Camp Williams, Utah. The facility is reported to be sited on a 200 acre tract with 120 acres of buildings. The center will consume 65 Mw of power when operational. Another is reported to be underway in San Antonio, Texas as well. There is alot of speculation regarding the mission of these new installations.

On May 20th 2009 Hugh D'Andrade of the EFF gave a presentation regarding N.S.A. wiretapping in San Francisco at a AT&T switching center located on Folsom street. The EFF has filed a class action lawsuit regarding the Folsom Street installation. The EFFs key witness in this case is a retired AT&T technician named Mark Klein. Mr. Klein has been branded as a "Whistleblower" for exposing room 641A in the Folsom street facility in 2006. He has written a book about his experiences while working at AT&T called "Wiring up the Big Brother Machine ... and Fighting It." News like this has kept the publics imagination for now.

This is not the first time that the N.S.A. has been reported to have eavesdropping equipment built into the very foundations of U.S. communication networks. In David Kahns book "The Codebreakers" he writes about N.S.A. cable taps in San Francisco. Mr. Kahn also alleges that U.S. commercial electronic hardware and software designs have been altered for surveillance purposes per N.S.A. request. I assume the N.S.A. has sufficient infrastructure in place to complete its fundamental mission of eavesdropping. This is the same old song and dance that we have known about since WW2.

I believe these new data centers have a different function: Netcentric Warfare or rather command and control of national assets in a integrated environment. The U.S. military is integrating closely with the N.S.A. to securely deploy highly technical weapons, countermeasures to cyber warfare, and to improve joint NetOps. Traditional military organisation is nearly useless. The face of war has changed. Several services and agencies are currently bifuricating to attack forces or administrative duties. The later never coming home from trouble spots.

New technology has set the bar too high to realistically control it with volunteer military personnel. The new military command and control will function within a highly secure Global Information Grid or GIG network staffed with highly trained and vetted N.S.A. response teams wielding enormous power on a level never before seen. Using the N.S.A. to maintain net hierarchy staffed with civilian and military career technicians makes common sense and puts real experience behind the wheel. Cyber warfare is a very real problem that encompasses not only the military but the civilian infrastructure of the country as well. The United States must protect both and effectively project force to maintain its status as a superpower.

The N.S.A. will always be snooping, that is the N.S.A.s' basic job and they have alot of SIGINT practice. Their experience with IT has made them the perfect agency to vastly improve military capabilities through secured automation. This organisation is so byzantine that it does not exsist overtly as it has no charter. They know how to keep a secret, have root, and are taking the tree to a whole new level. This new construction is extremely technical, it has way more scope than I think alot of us realize. The U.S. seeks to maintain itself as the de facto world system administrator. This is another step to further capitolist globalisation.

daedlanth
Last edited by daedeluslanthanien on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Article submissions

Post by Tentra on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:05 pm
([msg=26986]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

Are you aware of what articles are for? The articles the are mostly to help users with the missions, and there are other topics such as Programming, Reverse Engineering, and Cryptography. Its not a place for users to submit news about the NSA.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:13 pm
([msg=26988]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

Well having a go at Monica wont get you far... And comparing her to Hitler is just bad. Oh and SS more than likly wont see this. If you dont like how the site is run then leave.
And that article is 7/10 at best.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm
([msg=26991]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

Tentra I submitted this article to the politics section as it concerns privacy and globalisation so I don't see your point.

GoC You've lost your mind telling me to leave. Who do you think you are? I'll give you one kudo for the 7 because thats better than blatant censorship. I will procure change here. watch. SS will see this you knob, I've known him for years.

daed
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User

Post by Tentra on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:43 pm
([msg=26992]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

daedeluslanthanien wrote:Tentra I submitted this article to the politics section as it concerns privacy and globalisation so I don't see your point.

I didn't realize there was a Politics section, forget what I said earlier.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by Monica on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:55 pm
([msg=26998]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

I'm sorry that your article was rejected. It was rejected the first time because it was short and did not contain any useful information. The second rejection was an accident. Please re-submit.

* P.S. Silent-Shadow is my real, live, breathing fiance. He does not recall who you are. And by the way, threats or insults are not tolerated here.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by godofcereal on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:37 am
([msg=27006]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

GoC You've lost your mind telling me to leave. Who do you think you are? I'll give you one kudo for the 7 because thats better than blatant censorship. I will procure change here. watch. SS will see this you knob, I've known him for years.

daed

Ok so Im ok with you calling me a knob since its your opinion.
And just because you knew SS for years doesnt mean anything and does not give you the right to come here and have a go at people.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by daedeluslanthanien on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:20 am
([msg=27007]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

:cry: :arrow: ;)

Dear fodder who aren't in Heeven, Hollow'd be thy flame;
Thy wheel becomes;
Wide girth as you enter 7-11.
Google us this day our daily Fred.
And forget to give us our bus passes,
as they cargo those that pass gas tremendous.
And read you not into contemplation;
but consider us quite evil.
For crimes against the kingdom,
the cower, and the whorey,
forever better.
Amen.

Captain Crunch please.

daed
daedeluslanthanien
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:26 am
([msg=27008]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

Wow, havent heard that before...

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by TheMindRapist on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:02 pm
([msg=27046]see Re: Article submissions[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:And just because you knew SS for years doesnt mean anything and does not give you the right to come here and have a go at people.

And having a high post count doesn't either ;)
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Comments & Suggestions