My Theory Of The Beginning.

Bad threads go here

Does it make sense to you?

Yes and i agree!
24%
Yes and i disagree?!
35%
No i dont get what you mean at all but will think on it till a divine moment of blissful realisation takes a hold of me..
41%

Total votes : 17

My Theory Of The Beginning.

Post by xen on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:03 pm
([msg=22686]see My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

i've spent years thinking this thru and it seems to be the only logical way the universe and everything would begin.

so...
At some point before earth, before our galaxy, before matter, before energy, before even time.
There had to be nothing, i'm not talking about an empty box, because even in that box there is still time and energy, and an existance outside the box.
I'm talking about ABSOLUTE NOTHING, for this following example will shall call this "ABSOLUTE NOTHING" 0.
so...
0 is 0 or, 0=0
0 can do nothing except be 0
but in the process of a 0 then being another 0 it is no longer 0 and therefore it is something else say for example 1.

imagine a very basic code statement with a variable
bigfluffybunny=bigfluffybunny
so we have "this" and it will now be also "this" again
while in the state of change even for a tiny fraction of time it is different.

or imagine a 0 inverting into another 0, in the process of invertion it is NOT a 0.

Very Very bad examples i'm sure, but i have no other way of trying to get the idea out of my head and onto paper for others to understand,, lets start with the feedback/thoughts/ideas.....

thank you for reading.
-Xen a.k.a Baabthe
xen
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.

Post by godofcereal on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm
([msg=22688]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

I find the concept of nothing to everything very difficult to think of. But I do agree with you, at some stage there must have been nothing.

-- Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 pm --

I find the concept of nothing to everything very difficult to think of. But I do agree with you, at some stage there must have been nothing.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Heath Winchester on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm
([msg=22708]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

I can in no way fathom there being nothing nor shall I try. I'm not saying your theory is stupid I'm just unable to fathom it being only human. I like it the way Jon Stewart put it "Somewhere along the way somebody had to sneeze." That's what I believe.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by eljonto on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 am
([msg=22722]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

Hmm, i'm not convinced on theory's that use 'time' as a factor since in my opinion 'time' was a man made insentive to keep track of things- thats why time travel is dodgey- it's not like 'turning back the clock', it'd have to be returning everything to a previous or future, unaffected state. It'll be years until we get a really good understanding of how things started, and in the meantime we'll just have to keep guessing ;)
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by AtlasDark on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm
([msg=22758]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

So, we all master processes were called because some larger figure opened a BASIC prompt and fed in 'Universe=1?' :lol:

I also agree - there must have been a point in which nothing (or at least, a given amount of certain things, vague as I am) was present/active, and there was some process that triggered a reaction or some external force acting.

Speculating is good fun, though. :)
AtlasDark
Poster
Poster

Post by vladiftodi on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm
([msg=22817]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

There are many things that seem difficult to gasp for the human intellect just for the simple reason that we evolved to see things in a way and we are mortal :)
For example it's very hart to accept and understand the principle of infinity time streches to infinity and its logical there always existed something before something else so i find it more logical if the universe always existed it was just different
where you see nothing i just see infinitely compressed to have a infinitely small size but an infinitely high temperature
see how close nothing and infinity are together? even one I might say.
Of course adding IMHO to all this :)
vladiftodi
New User
New User

Post by Possumdude0 on Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 pm
([msg=23731]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

vladiftodi wrote:For example it's very hart to accept and understand the principle of infinity time streches to infinity and its logical there always existed something before something else so i find it more logical if the universe always existed it was just different
where you see nothing i just see infinitely compressed to have a infinitely small size but an infinitely high temperature
see how close nothing and infinity are together? even one I might say.

I have recently returned "A Brief History of Time" to the library, but I believe it touched on this. Bear in mind that this is all from memory, and that it may turn out to be a memory of an entirely different book, but here goes:

We cannot measure things before the Big Bang, not even in theory. Since time is a term used do describe the progression of cause and effect (or something like that), and since we cannot measure cause and effect before the Big Bang, it is pointless to speak of time existing before the Big Bang simply because the only meaning time has is meaningless before that event.

That's not to say that nothing existed before then, just that anything that was going on with our universe before then has no bearing on what is going on in our universe today, because the cause and effect cannot pass through the Big Bang event. Or something like that.

I get the feeling that I may have just failed hard.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by AtlasDark on Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 pm
([msg=23740]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

Accredited to Hawking, no less. :)

I agree - time is but a human measurement of what we perceive, as means to track the progression or end of a cycle, action, set of actions, or some form therein.

In lieu of this, I don't believe that we could speculate too much about time, since time isn't a natural occurrence but a result of the observation of such; however, it's a good unit of reference.
AtlasDark
Poster
Poster

Post by TechHacker1 on Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm
([msg=23743]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

I don't buy it. You cannot "create" something from nothing. So unless all of this matter that I'm using to type a reply into these forums while sitting on my resting apparatus (couch) is really all the result of some deranged dream of mine, then it exists. If the matter exists, and it can't be created or destroyed, then there always had to be matter in some form (possibly energy), but they are the same thing anyway....

Guess I'm not quite following your need to start from nothing.

Also, if we acknowledge that time is a human notion of measurement and that in the infinitismality of the "universe" it has no real meaning, then don't "beginning" and "end" also have no meaning?

TechHacker1
TechHacker1
New User
New User

Post by Possumdude0 on Fri May 15, 2009 1:57 am
([msg=23745]see Re: My Theory Of The Beginning.[/msg])

Accredited to Hawking, no less.

I admitted that there was a good chance it actually came from somewhere else.

My mind glazed over during some of the more technical portions of his book.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Graveyard