About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)

General technological topics without their own forum go here

About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)

Post by Croma1994 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:50 pm
([msg=96930]see About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)[/msg])

Hi everyone, I just created my account here with the purpose of learning about pentesting and security!

I have no "proper" education about computers matters so forgive if I say something stupid in the following lines. I run Kali Linux in a virtual enviroment on my laptop and I'm just "playing" with some tools. Last week I finished a program for phishing that I wrote on python (just for testing with the consent of my girlfriend as a subject), but I found a problem that I'm not able to solve. My programm makes my localhost able to be connected through WAN (via serveo service and autoshh just to prevent it goes down) and it (surprisingly) works. But once I get the username and password and try to enter the credentials instagram pop-ups a message saying that this public IP is not my usual one (of course not, the usual is my girlfriend's laptop public IP), so, as far as I know there's no way to trick instagram into thinking that your IP is the same that your victim's. Because, my programm is able to give me the "victim" IP but I can make mine the same or something? Idk, this means that instagram is secure? Thanks in advance to everyone!
Croma1994
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)

Post by techsam on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:17 pm
([msg=96931]see Re: About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)[/msg])

I am also somewhat new to this, but to the best of my knowledge you can "fake" the source IP by providing the login request with the victims IP, however the response you get from Instagram will be sent to the victims IP as the intended target instead of you, thus meaning you would have to somehow be able to intercept the login from your girlfriends network. Not sure how accurate what I described is, but this is my understanding of the problem ahead of you.
techsam
New User
New User

Post by Croma1994 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:43 am
([msg=96935]see Re: About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)[/msg])

Hi techsam,

So, if it is possible, then how? As I see the problema you have to trick the login into think that you are the victim, reached that point you're in, the thing is, as I said, how?
Croma1994
New User
New User

Post by proaccountingsupport on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:33 am
([msg=96968]see Re: About instagram's check of your external IP (n00b question)[/msg])

I am also looking for the same information for my business QuickBooks Proadvisor Support
If you face QuickBooks Error 3371 then just dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number anytime anywhere from all over the USA.
proaccountingsupport
New User
New User

Return to General