Windows 2000 password forgot

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Windows 2000 password forgot

Post by jbur6523 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:19 am
([msg=7443]see Windows 2000 password forgot[/msg])

So my friend how is a idiot, forgot his password to windows 2000. I swear that this is legitimate and not an attempt to hack into a stolen computer or anything else of the same sort. He can't remember the password after many hours of thinking, I've tried getting to MS-DOS but can't do it from the log in screen. Any help of how we can either get in through a back door, or restore the computer some how?
jbur6523
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Windows 2000 password forgot

Post by thedotmaster on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 am
([msg=7464]see Re: Windows 2000 password forgot[/msg])

jbur6523 wrote:So my friend how is a idiot, forgot his password to windows 2000. I swear that this is legitimate and not an attempt to hack into a stolen computer or anything else of the same sort. He can't remember the password after many hours of thinking, I've tried getting to MS-DOS but can't do it from the log in screen. Any help of how we can either get in through a back door, or restore the computer some how?

Simply tell him to boot his computer using a live disk. Get Ubuntu and burn ISO onto a disk. Stick it in, press Esc (or F2 or F12, depends on the computer) when showing the bios screen when loading. Choose CD Drive.
Load. Then get a program to crack his password - download to USB and run it from command. Done!

I like that response because it doesn't help anyone who wants to know the answer in a non-legit way.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by Chris2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 am
([msg=35512]see Re: Windows 2000 password forgot[/msg])

If you lost windows password. I think the best solution is making a windows password recovery disk with the third part utility. The disk works perfectly to recover windows password to “Blank”.It is also useful for administrator password recovery, you can wrote it to an blank CD or USB flash drive to recover administrator password. Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm. :twisted:
more info: http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com
Chris2010
New User
New User

Post by faazshift on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:09 am
([msg=35514]see Re: Windows 2000 password forgot[/msg])

Almost two years necro (in case you didn't notice), so I doubt the OP is still looking for help.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 am
([msg=35515]see Re: Windows 2000 password forgot[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Almost two years necro (in case you didn't notice), so I doubt the OP is still looking for help.

I've got this weird image in my head...

jbur6523 wrote:Thanks a lot, guys! I just decided to visit back at this site after two years, and I'm really grateful for that answer! My friend will be able to access his computer now! (He was really frustrated to have to wait two years to fix his machine)

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Return to General