Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial

Post by Hackdis89 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:40 am
([msg=95442]see Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial[/msg])

Sorry I am new to the hacking scene. I've been around computers most of my life but never put any effort to actually learn more about them . Is there a self-help tutorial, and a basics learning section on where to start?
Hackdis89
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial

Post by teakup on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm
([msg=95500]see Re: Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial[/msg])

The first thing you should do is just learn more about computers/networks before even thinking about the hacking. Based on your post, it sounds like you're a tech savvy guy. That's great, and it puts you at an advantage in life, but in the hacking scene, everyone started out tech savvy.

I don't mean that to bash you. I'm just trying to help push you in the right direction

Start by learning a programming language well (I personally suggest C++ but other's might disagree with me on that) Then move on to networking (protocols, etc.).

Once you've got that done, you'll be in a much better situation to be able to tell what you need to do to learn the hacking skills you're talking about

_____

edit: thought I'd just add a couple points:

You don't have to learn C++. You can learn other things too. But I would suggest you start with one of the more popular languages, and one that is similar to the classic languages like C/C++. A good one would be Python.
teakup
New User
New User

Re: Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial

Post by pretentious on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 am
([msg=95507]see Re: Where to start and hacking basics/tutorial[/msg])

http://carlcheo.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... raphic.png
Imo c/c++ is the way to go. Take a look at some of my past threads in the hardware and programming sub forums.
Being realistic though, python is the best because no one these days has the attention span for C lol prove me wrong kids ;P
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Return to General