Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

Post by Falchion37 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 pm
([msg=92035]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Wow, I had it this whole time, but was using the wrong file extension. *facepalm* Oh well, fun challenge.
Falchion37
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:35 am
([msg=92036]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Falchion37 wrote:Wow, I had it this whole time, but was using the wrong file extension. *facepalm* Oh well, fun challenge.

:lol: :lol:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by ghostheadx2 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:58 am
([msg=92039]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I found the type of directory traversals I might need but I don't know how to implement it properly. PHP right? I'm supposed to enter it in the input box? The URL? I get that its the form injection using PHP. I'm guessing I have to use the input box and PHP to get the directory contents? Am I on the right track?

I'm been researching php directory traversals and php injection. I also brushed up on my HTML. I'm wondering if I should learn basic php coding.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:09 am
([msg=92128]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

ghostheadx2 wrote:I found the type of directory traversals I might need but I don't know how to implement it properly. PHP right? I'm supposed to enter it in the input box? The URL? I get that its the form injection using PHP. I'm guessing I have to use the input box and PHP to get the directory contents? Am I on the right track? I'm been researching php directory traversals and php injection. I also brushed up on my HTML. I'm wondering if I should learn basic php coding.

You know more than enough to get this challenge, so ask yourself: what needs to be done, where can I input, what can I input and how is that going to get me to the goal? It's easier than you think it is.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by ghostheadx2 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:54 am
([msg=92144]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I've known where the input box is for a long time. That's not my problem. I know where I can input stuff. I'm confused about the directory traversal portion. But I'm still trying to figure out how I can do that since normal directory traversal stuff doesn't work. I'll figure it out eventually. I've gotten a lot of "That's not allowed weirdo" and "You must enter a file" when I try to do it and when I try to list the files I get white pages but don't get the same thing.

I'm not asking for help right now. I think I have an idea of what to submit. What I need to get around is the directory traversal. I'm just letting you know my progress. Normal HTML injection isn't good enough either. Hope that isn't a spoiler.

Also, don't try PHP code injection. It won't do jack shit.

-- Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:50 pm --

I've been at the page where you can submit stuff all day. I've also tried a trillion things. The closest thing I do turns the page white but won't do anything further. I don't see what I can submit that will work. Can I PM someone?

-- Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:00 pm --

I have question and if there's anyone I can PM, I'd like to. I'm wondering if something is cheating. Its about a browser add on. I hope that doesn't spoil anything.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by feas on Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 am
([msg=92304]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I wasn't sure where this really should go but since I just finished this one and had a question pertaining to it here goes.
It seems to me that there may be other ways to get the end result but they did not work. Is this the same as one of the basic challenges where only a certain set of commands are allowed to prevent malicious attempts?
feas
New User
New User

Post by ghostheadx2 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:35 pm
([msg=92351]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I tried solving it through the input box for basic 8 and realized that part had to be over and it wouldn't work. I have normally used the place on the hidden web site to submit stuff and I thought I could reach that stuff with basic 8's input box, but it didn't work. I hope that isn't a spoiler in case there is something more to that.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:22 am
([msg=92414]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Basically, forget using previous missions on the current one. Keep the knowledge (I'm not saying basic 8 is useful here), but don't use one to reach another. It's not useful for the realistic missions.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by ghostheadx2 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:49 pm
([msg=92426]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

So the knowledge behind basic 8 is useful but does that mean its not SSI again? I figure its not. I know its probably some form a linux injection but I don't know for sure.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nasse on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:58 am
([msg=93030]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Wow this topic was really helpfull! But i discovered that my browser have somekind of issua with a mission (because of that i was unable to access submit form). I used vivaldi browser in my other screen and mozilla in another. When i tested same link in mozilla it works some kind of reason :D
nasse
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED