Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:03 pm
([msg=82728]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

TheAngryAvocado wrote:Well, despite the fact I saw how to solve the problem, I feel like I didn't understand anything about it.
Can I pm you? I can't express without spoiling it.

Sure, go ahead.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by DoggerLiam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm
([msg=82982]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

This is my first post so, first things first, a big hello to everyone and thank you so much for this amazing web!

This has been the hardest challenge of them all so far, and it made me finally understand that d***c***y t**v**s*l is actually an attack, and not the way you move between directories in an OS.

I know that I have no right to complain at all, but I think that the challenge needs some hint system built it. Something like being able to create your own test files by using the method that finally enables you to solve the challenge.

In my case, when I found out that the files I was trying to create or modify didn't show up at all I completely shifted my focus into more obscure techniques.

But, hey, thanks for everything. I ended up learning more from this challenge than for the rest of them up until now combined.
DoggerLiam
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:42 pm
([msg=82984]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

DoggerLiam wrote:I think that the challenge needs some hint system built it.

First of all, hi :) The forum more or less is the hint system. The whole idea being that with enough research and the hints provided you can figure out the rest yourself. If you really need to test things out, you either go by trial and error or recreate the challenge on your own system to test things out. This is especially useful on scripts where you have the source, not this case obviously. I actually did all these missions without ever posting anything on the forum, only joining after I found that a lot of people need help. Good luck with the other missions, the later ones are quite a lot harder than this one.
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by DoggerLiam on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:24 pm
([msg=82988]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
DoggerLiam wrote:I think that the challenge needs some hint system built it.

First of all, hi :) The forum more or less is the hint system. The whole idea being that with enough research and the hints provided you can figure out the rest yourself. If you really need to test things out, you either go by trial and error or recreate the challenge on your own system to test things out. This is especially useful on scripts where you have the source, not this case obviously. I actually did all these missions without ever posting anything on the forum, only joining after I found that a lot of people need help. Good luck with the other missions, the later ones are quite a lot harder than this one.

Thanks. A million gazillion of thanks. That idea never crossed my mind... to think that it would have been so easy to solve this challenge with that single piece of advice.
DoggerLiam
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm
([msg=82989]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Wow, sarcasm. You're going places. I'll quote from my reply "not this case obviously" and let's leave it at that.
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by DoggerLiam on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm
([msg=83009]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:Wow, sarcasm. You're going places. I'll quote from my reply "not this case obviously" and let's leave it at that.

Sorry, it wasn't sarcasm actually, I really think that replicating a simple web and training with includes would have helped a lot.

So next time, I'll close down the browser for a while, open up a text editor and work my lazy ass off until I find what makes the clock tick.

So my most sincere apologies if it seemed that I was trying to poke fun at you.
DoggerLiam
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 pm
([msg=83036]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Ah, well, it doesn't really matter, I still stand by my reply. I don't think replicating the whole challenge will help much in this case. There are easier ways to learn how to finish it, but using more than just the site is always helpful. Don't worry about it :)
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by raine1 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:03 pm
([msg=84400]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I must have done this totally different than everyone else. I'm not sure what basic 8-9 had to do with this. Nothing that I could see. I c/p'ed...... and actually submitted. And it worked.

Off to the next one.
raine1
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:37 pm
([msg=84442]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

hi guys its been about 10+ hrs and i cant figure it out sadface :(

its too hard im a html hacker with 3 weeks experience in Visual Basic 4 and cant seem to figure this out. if anyone can help plz msg!!!! right away plz. i give free security lessons cuz i have 3 weeks experience and already put 5 firewalls and 3 antiviruss on this one computer. if u help me, i help u come hackr like me, feel free to msg me or add me on skype 4 lessons: l33tvbhakor69x
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hurculeasz on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 pm
([msg=84983]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Great guide. I was on the right track form the beginning. However I had copied an extra character that made the solution not work.
hurculeasz
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED