Programming 1

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 1

Post by fpwns on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 pm
([msg=59573]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

I wouldn't waste time trying to emulate the browser for this mission, just copy/paste then paste the answer in...there is time.
fpwns
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Grim_Fox on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 pm
([msg=60152]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

fattommy89 wrote:
There is no bug. Some of the words in there were strategically placed to necessitate more specific code. I have something else to add but I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, so for now I'll leave you with that.

Any tips for what exactly those "strategically placed" words might be about? I have similar issues with my code where anywhere from 4-6 words do not return matches after going through my algorithm. I tried to look for a pattern in regards to repeating characters, string length, etc. with no luck.
Grim_Fox
New User
New User

Post by ruth on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:01 pm
([msg=60858]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Hi,

I'm trying to program this in Java. I thought my code was complete, but I'm getting an exception and I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Could someone please take a look at it? I'm guessing it's something really stupid.

Thanks in advance.
ruth
New User
New User

Post by OneFuckLess022 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm
([msg=61134]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Hey, I'm frustrated dudes :( I only recently started to study the browser languages, spending most of my time writing this program in Javascript. I have begun writing a program that i can copy and paste the output from the site into an input form where, using the spaces, it defines ten variables. I am trying to use a "while" conditional statement to sort the characters of the given scrambles into arrays of different lengths based upon the length of the strings themselves. I have recently discovered that after executing a "while" conditional, everything after the appending, closing, curly-bracket gets put on the wayside... Tips as to how to solve this problem in an easier manner? I am largely relying on using a certain java command that splits the string into its characters using increasing increments and increasing variables defining each of the array's elements. Plz help meh?? :(((
~Oberint dum metuant~
OneFuckLess022
New User
New User

Post by RootCrisis on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 am
([msg=62855]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Two things...

1. Javascript and Java are not the same thing. In fact, they are completely unrelated.

2. Get to know the tools that are available to you to answer your own questions. Try firebug extension in firefox and developer tools in chrome. Highly recommend you keep your distance from IE for writing javascript.

Hope that helps. There are dozens of tips on how to write the program in this post. Try reading through those for more ideas.
RootCrisis
New User
New User

Post by darkdan21 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 pm
([msg=63508]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

Well, if you people are having trouble, it took me about 40 minutes to make a program to do it in excel. :D

The most inefficient way possible.

Spoiler below. Please only view if you've already completed or plan to devise a different method.
www.dontPostSpoiler.com

Does that count as a spoiler? I thought people would be interested in how I did it...

If that's not allowed, sorry.

It's around 95% effective. Because there can be false positives caused by repeated letters.

....I really should get round to learning how to do proper programming...
darkdan21
New User
New User

Post by wan26 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am
([msg=63970]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

It's about time I got round to starting these missions, and I'm almost done with this one. It is taking me longer than 40 mins because i keep changing my mind about things lol

I kept an 'error' though because comparing less strings takes less time, I didnt want to re arrange everthing
:mrgreen:
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by learnzndy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:33 am
([msg=64026]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

I did it! :) Its simple and fast in visual basic, but i losed about one hour becouse i didnt read carefully what is actually the goal of this mission.
So, if anyone has much trouble, and cant find error in program, maybe u missunderstood mission, read again.
Learning from errors..
learnzndy
New User
New User

Post by knives29a on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:14 am
([msg=64677]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

nevermind, works fine :)
knives29a
New User
New User

Post by GSmyrlis on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am
([msg=64903]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

It's an easy mission :)

Hint:

Download JustBasic Programm and try learning programing...
After that download wordlist and do whatyouhave to do
:)
GSmyrlis
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Programming