Stego 9

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 9

Post by CarthageForever on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm
([msg=33634]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

That what i'm trying to do. I just can't figure out HOW to decode, what I should try.

And i'm trying not to get a warning for posting spoilers.
Basic: COMPLETED
Realistic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [12]
Application: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Javascript: COMPLETED
Extbasic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [6] [14]
Stego: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [12] [14]
CarthageForever
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm
([msg=33645]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

hmm.....try breaking them up into groups of twos and/or threes and looking at it that way.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by ColdCore on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm
([msg=34869]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Maybe it's wrong to pick this one as my second stego mission, while I haven't completed the previous, but somehow, this one attracted me and I decided to try it out either way.

But I'm feeling this is too much of a challenge for me...
So far, I found one hint thanks to 'sample rate' and 'Victorian Internet' hint. + it fits with the 'PCM' article. Well, kinda...
Analogue signals, old sine waves, communication, ... it all fits and yet leads me nowhere.

I've tried a similar approach to Stego 2, but didn't find anything that way.
So far, I understand this is encrypted a couple of times, -and I know how many-, but it doesn't make sense to me that way.
As far as I'm concerned, PCM isn't an encryption nor file-format, so basically: I can't find what's encrypted.

I'm just looking for hints to the start of this, to find the first code.
So I just use Wavepad and keep looking for some difference between this and other audio files?
ColdCore
New User
New User

Post by shill on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 pm
([msg=36291]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Defience wrote:hmm.....try breaking them up into groups of twos and/or threes and looking at it that way.

THANKS so much.. there's the answer :D

-- Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 pm --

ColdCore wrote:I'm just looking for hints to the start of this, to find the first code.
So I just use Wavepad and keep looking for some difference between this and other audio files?

listen to the wav.. what's odd about how it sounds?
shill
New User
New User

Post by Martyy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 am
([msg=36444]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

oh man this one was frustrating...
I saw within the first 10min the first hint to the answer but i did not think it would actually take me to the answer so i just ignored it and kept looking...

after about 3hours i saw odd behavior in a fairly famous mp3 player's way of displaying the peaks... (i hope that is not a spoiler, even tho its still long way to go...)

boy was i pissed off when i found out i just wasted 3hours instead of following the first lead...
Martyy
New User
New User

Post by omicrom on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 am
([msg=38189]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

I am no where near having this one done but after spending the night working on it, I just want to give props to whoever made it.

I know i have found something odd in the file but nothing anyone else has posted anything that confirms my suspicions. I think i am going to be beating my head against the wall a few days on this one. I am horrible with audio so i am hoping bit skillz can save me
omicrom
New User
New User

Post by mgersten on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:37 pm
([msg=41498]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Is this mission still working? I'll try to say this with no spoilers. I come up with the string of 25 characters, arrange them, and get 6 characters which I believe are the answer. However when I enter them in the password box, the mission is not complete. Mods feel free to remove anything if its too spoilerish.
mgersten
New User
New User

Post by DrakierD on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 am
([msg=41542]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

mgersten wrote:Is this mission still working? I'll try to say this with no spoilers. I come up with the string of 25 characters, arrange them, and get 6 characters which I believe are the answer. However when I enter them in the password box, the mission is not complete. Mods feel free to remove anything if its too spoilerish.

That would be incorrect. The mission still works, I just tested it, but can tell by what you said you had that you don't have it right. I believe the first part is right. It is the other parts that are wrong.
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mgersten on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:12 am
([msg=41545]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Thanks DrakierD! Back to the drawing board I guess...
mgersten
New User
New User

Post by DrakierD on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:16 pm
([msg=41576]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

mgersten wrote:Thanks DrakierD! Back to the drawing board I guess...

You don't have to scrap it all and start over. Work with what you have.. just try re-arranging it a bit. I'm sure eventually something will pop out at you.
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography