Changes and stuff

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: Changes and stuff

Post by flava on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:46 pm
([msg=27935]see Re: Changes and stuff[/msg])

1. Put a 'Thanks' button next to 'Quote' so that if someone says something particularly useful, everyone and their brother doesn't need to post 'thanks for that gnarly post'.

2. Add a quick reply box.
Viking at heart.
flava
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by godofcereal on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:46 pm
([msg=27942]see Re: Changes and stuff[/msg])

Custom titles after a number of posts.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by GabrielTang on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:51 am
([msg=90883]see Re: Changes and stuff[/msg])

I think HTS should create beginner lessons. I just got introduced to this site and to my horror, no lessons! How am I supposed to clear the basic missions? Yes, I have learnt the HTML things, but I can't seem to know what to do! Hope the admin will take this into consideration. Meanwhile anyone help me?? :roll:
GabrielTang
New User
New User

Post by e3cb on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:41 pm
([msg=90912]see Re: Changes and stuff[/msg])

I think you should calm down and look at the basic missions. :roll:
e3cb
Poster
Poster

Post by ghostheadx2 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 pm
([msg=92554]see Re: Changes and stuff[/msg])

I made a thread about this already but if I may sir. Hope this doesn't count as necroing. I think we should expand the books section to include any tutorials, web sites, books, videos, or whatever else anyone recommends. I think we should not just have a section to recommend books that people can learn from just because of my personal experience. I'm not saying I don't like books but why can't we recommend a course? Why not a website? I would recommend cybrary (and I have), a Networking course I'm taking, and other things (and I have), but I usually have to post in the general section, not the books section. Yet I can recommend a TCP/IP textbook just because that's what fits the subforum. I think me and other people, even just based on my own personal experience, could absolutely benefit from an expanded section for the books. Why can't that section include recommending thenewboston YouTube channel for example?

I also think a networking based missions section that forces you to use tools like wireshark and nmap would be cool too. I think analyzing packets is a good skill to have for a hacker. Anything that encourages the user to use Kali Linux or Parrot tools is cool by me.

-- Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm --

Also, I know we have a social engineering section in the forums and I know there's not very many good ways to become a social engineering penetration tester. I think we should have social engineering missions because I know such a form of penetration testing exists so there is a legal purpose for having the skill.

https://www.social-engineer.com/social- ... entesting/

If you a search on any search engine that will be one of your results I believe. So then, I don't see anything wrong with SEing missions. I don't know what an SEing mission would look like especially if it was practiced legally, which I think it hard to do but if there's a legal way of doing it I think we should have it if its a form of penetration testing.

Then we can even have harder missions that combine it with web and network exploitation based hacking.

I'm thinking of having an email based practice thing where some system looks at it and sees if its convincing and that way we can practice different techniques. I know that probably sounds impractical because we probably shouldn't bear the burden of having the job of that system with anyone but theoretically its possible right? The only challenge (which I can't solve) is what does a virtual environment for social engineering look like? I can't think of a legal way to practice quite yet but I do believe there is someone who can think of a conceptual way done by typing a response to some sort of message or something.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions