Basic Mission 7

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 7

Post by themindguy on Thu May 07, 2020 6:44 pm
([msg=104183]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

[quote="Rezlets"
How would you run multiple programs with one command on a Linux machine?[/quote]

Great tip, Rezlets!
themindguy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by wettlettuce on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:43 pm
([msg=106078]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

So I am currently on Mac OS... I don't understand why I need to learn linux cmds.. Unless do I need to be using linuxs os? Can I solve this on mac? or should I switch over to linux?
Woooo!
wettlettuce
New User
New User

Post by wettlettuce on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:15 pm
([msg=106312]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

nevermind wayyyy overthought this... lol like learning about wget downloading brew and a lot and even learning how to open websites through terminal(not a hint)
Woooo!
wettlettuce
New User
New User

Post by Wh4t3v3r on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 pm
([msg=107083]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

I tried it like cal.pl?cal=&&ls cal.pl?cal=2008&&dir cal.pl;dir and other combinations but it doesn't execute next command, just string arguments...
(I suppose it's not spoiler since it doesn't work)
Wh4t3v3r
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:54 am
([msg=107097]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

Wh4t3v3r wrote:I tried it like stuff and other combinations but it doesn't execute next command, just string arguments...
(I suppose it's not spoiler since it doesn't work)

You're close. if I was you, I wouldn't worry about paying arguments to the Php script manually and use the text box directly. I solved this mission on my phone without doing much url editing. Also, but be careful with the details, it's close to being a spoiler.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by Wh4t3v3r on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:20 am
([msg=107103]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

solved it 8-)
Wh4t3v3r
New User
New User

Post by Twisted_Code on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm
([msg=107401]see Re: Basic Mission 7[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:
namnatulco wrote:Doesn't this mission require knowledge of the language in which the supposed "unix shell" is implemented (i.e., Perl)?

I tried what I thought would be the correct, but after reproducing the script locally I see that this results in a "Permission Denied". Am I supposed to circumvent a certain protection measure, or am I targeting the wrong part?

Doesn't require knowledge of perl. Imagine what you enter is entered on to a command line via "$ cal.pl <input>"

What would you put in for <input> that allows you to list files?

Try not to look down on me for this, but I've never run a unix-like in any serious capacity. I tried one time with VMware, but that didn't work out for... reasons I think had to do with my accessibility needs? As I recall, I couldn't get the on-screen keyboard (neither osk.exe on the Windows host machine nor the on-screen keyboard built into the guest operating system) to work with VMware. Can't really run setup commands (e.g. sudo apt <something>) if you can neither type physically nor virtually.
However, after realizing that git (which I DO have installed on my system) includes mingw, a bash shell, I decided to try something in that about an hour after reading your message (after spending most of that our scratching my head). Got it, thanks!
hi, I'm your friendly neighborhood BSIT student and computer science enthusiast. I have a spinal cord injury that prevents me from typing with my hands, but I don't let that stop me (*cough cough* virtual keyboard).
Twisted_Code
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Basic