HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking

Post by Korvin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 pm
([msg=52655]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

goluhaque wrote:-->BlueElephant should be continued(with some documentation)

http://www.naturaldocs.org/
^^Automate documentation process.
Korvin
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by goluhaque on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am
([msg=52756]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

bump.bump. What the fuck? Was everyone here just for the flaming? Or were we here to take some important decisions for the good of the community? I say we take a vote on some of the issues, like the blog and stuff.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm
([msg=52783]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

I just logged in to bump this myself. Thanks goluhaque.

Yet again we are in the dark. What the hell is going on anymore? Obviously Kage is in charge and what he decides goes; too bad no one knows whats going on. Is the dev blog actually going to be used? If so, there should be a home page post regarding the blog and the current state of the site.

I don't think a vote or poll is going to do much around here.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Kage on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:57 pm
([msg=52789]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Yet again we are in the dark. What the hell is going on anymore? Obviously Kage is in charge and what he decides goes; too bad no one knows whats going on. Is the dev blog actually going to be used? If so, there should be a home page post regarding the blog and the current state of the site.

I want to know something, first and foremost...

Who the fuck are you, fashizzlepop?

You come in here acting as if you have some inside knowledge of how HackThisSite has worked for its entire almost decade-long history, as if you know what's best for HackThisSite and that your opinions are correct and flawless gold. The most I or anyone know about your history within HTS (and probably your only history within this organization) is that you and your friend offered your programming skills to Bren some 5 days into your known membership, your friend got fired for being incompetent or a douche or something.

Now, listen carefully... Months ago, we chose the route we are taking now. We chose to use our own framework by an incredibly competent developer who knew of and considered using alternate frameworks, but instead was convinced our own was most appropriate to use. Everyone who works on HTS has stuff they do in their private lives, myself included; work, school, etc. The more time I spend sitting here typing these unnecessary responses to sometimes ridiculous questions or answering to "know it all" "oldies" (read: someone who's been here for five fucking days), the less time I have to handle more important things. If tallied, I'd imagine that the amount of time I and other staff have spent answering all of this is upwards of hours, if not days, in total time spent.

If you want to contribute to Recode: You can develop the code we need, NOT what you want, or quit your bitching. You can develop content that is relevant to the goals of HackThisSite, or quit your bitching. You can offer something of true substance (read: actually doing some fucking work) rather than writing "policy suggestion documentation," or quit your bitching. You can get off your lazy ass and ask "How can I help you achieve the goals HackThisSite has" (and actually contribute something!) rather than "THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE DONE RIGHT NOW GODDAMMIT!!", or quit your bitching.

The more time you guys spend here stirring the pot and riling up the community, forcing myself and other staff to waste long durations of time typing our responses, the LESS YOU'RE HELPING HACKTHISSITE. You're further delaying us, and you're making us hate doing this so much that we're even less motivated (even some considering quitting simply because the community keeps attacking them). Either contribute WHAT WE NEED and quit trying to get your ideas used just to pad your ego, or quit your bitching. Everyone's ideas are awesome, but we don't need them right now, and the more you guys force us to acknowledge your thoughts, the less likely you ideas will be used and the less likely we're going to deliver anything on time.

Now please, for fuck's sake, leave us alone and let us do our work. Everything you guys want to see will be done in due time, just please be patient, or help us with what we need help with.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Korvin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm
([msg=52799]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

@Kage
The fact that you think fashizzle has been here for 5 days proves how little you know about the community.

Also, I'm sorry I didn't realize this was the "Watch kage bitch about comments and suggestions" section. Obviously, this is a "Comments and Suggestions" section used for exactly what it implies. If you'd like to run a dictatorship GET RID OF THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS SECTION.

Whether he's been here for 5 days or 5 years doesn't matter as this is the comments and suggestions section, he's giving comments and suggestions.

EDIT:
Look at the amount of posts he has, do you honestly think that he made that amount of posts in 5 days? No one wants to hear you whine about peoples suggestions, that's not your job.
Korvin
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm
([msg=52800]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Korvin wrote:@Kage
The fact that you think fashizzle has been here for 5 days proves how little you know about the community.

Kage wrote:you and your friend offered your programming skills to Bren some 5 days into your known membership

the 5 days is a reference to the time into fashizzlepop's membership before he offered his skills. Not the length of his membership. At least that's how i read it.
Korvin wrote:Also, I'm sorry I didn't realize this was the "Watch kage bitch about comments and suggestions" section. Obviously, this is a "Comments and Suggestions" section used for exactly what it implies. If you'd like to run a dictatorship GET RID OF THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS SECTION.

Agreed. Isn't this the nature of this section? We should be allowed to bitch and complain 8-)
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Poster
Poster

Post by Monica on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm
([msg=52803]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Alright, alright, alright. Enough of bitching to Kage. That's actually my job. Think of Kage like a Wal-Mart employee, pushing carts all day. He has so much cart pushing to do that he barely has time to communicate with customers. That's where I come in - the cashier adjacent to aisle 13 and the willing to assist and to take (or do) the bitching. Point is, it's great you guys care about the community, and any kind of feedback is carefully reviewed. Just be considerate of the staff, as all of us are working hard to improve HackThisSite.

A lot of you are asking to bring back lectures. Problem - we still don't have any volunteers to present a decent lecture. If you are competent and have great knowledge of a certain topic at hand, please send any HTS Staff member a PM so we can get this started. Otherwise, there are other projects to look forward to in the future, and we will require your help, just as much as you require ours.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 pm
([msg=52804]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Look - We realize many of you have input on how HackThisSite! should be improved, but you must have been a member of HackThisSite! for the last decade in order for your opinion to have merit. Thank you all for your patience and consideration.

Sincerely,
Your HackThisSite! Staff

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Korvin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 pm
([msg=52805]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Monica wrote:Alright, alright, alright. Enough of bitching to Kage. That's actually my job. Think of Kage like a Wal-Mart employee, pushing carts all day. He has so much cart pushing to do that he barely has time to communicate with customers. That's where I come in - the cashier adjacent to aisle 13 with the willing to assist and to take (or do) the bitching. Point is, it's great you guys care about the community, and any kind of feedback is carefully reviewed. Just be considerate of the staff, as all of us are working hard to improve HackThisSite.

A lot of you are asking to bring back lectures. Problem - we still don't have any volunteers to present a decent lecture. If you are competent and have great knowledge of a certain topic at hand, please send any HTS Moderator a PM so we can get this started. Otherwise, there are other projects to look forward to in the future, and we will require your help, just as much as you require ours.

Fashizzle's comment wasn't directed at kage, it was directed at the entire staff implying that the community is left in the dark "again"
Korvin
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 pm
([msg=52806]see Re: HTS Needs to Stop Sucking[/msg])

Kage wrote:
I want to know something, first and foremost...

Who the fuck are you, fashizzlepop?

You come in here acting as if you have some inside knowledge of how HackThisSite has worked for its entire almost decade-long history, as if you know what's best for HackThisSite and that your opinions are correct and flawless gold.
I've been here for four years and, so far, nearly every single one of my original suggestions has been agreed with by every forum mod. :|

The most I or anyone know about your history within HTS (and probably your only history within this organization) is that you and your friend offered your programming skills to Bren some 5 days into your known membership, your friend got fired for being incompetent or a douche or something.
Are you fucking kidding me? I have been a member since CriticalSecurity.net was affiliated with us. I know measuring dick sizes by comparing post count is frowned upon, but with 1.2k+ posts vs your ~80 is enough to show I have, without a doubt, been an active part of HTS. By YOUR standards, I'd say you've been a member since this thread got attention, because that's the first time I've ever heard ANYTHING from you.

Yes, I offered to help out with the recode. Guess what Bren's "requirements" were for being hired as a dev: to solve Programming mission 1 in OOP PHP. Both me and Korvin did that. I'm not saying that being able to solve Prog 1 is good enough to determine whether or not someone is an excellent programmer, I'm just saying that's all Bren wanted. Suddenly Thetan and Apples came into IRC and started bitching that Korvin doesn't know shit; is trying to defend yourself considered being a "douche?" Obviously Bren didn't care either way as he "hired" us.

Now, listen carefully... Months ago, we chose the route we are taking now. We chose to use our own framework by an incredibly competent developer who knew of and considered using alternate frameworks, but instead was convinced our own was most appropriate to use. Everyone who works on HTS has stuff they do in their private lives, myself included; work, school, etc.
I'm going to assume that Someone, Somewhere, is doing Something with the recode. Problem is, no one, except for you, Kage, knows about it. Why is it so hard to put a goddamned news post on the front page saying Who is lead dev and What they are actually doing? Maybe mention the "Dev Blog" so we all know someone gives a shit about us.

The more time I spend sitting here typing these unnecessary responses to sometimes ridiculous questions or answering to "know it all" "oldies" (read: someone who's been here for five fucking days), the less time I have to handle more important things. If tallied, I'd imagine that the amount of time I and other staff have spent answering all of this is upwards of hours, if not days, in total time spent.
LMFAO. Korvin put it nicely:
Korvin wrote:Obviously, this is a "Comments and Suggestions" section used for exactly what it implies. If you'd like to run a dictatorship GET RID OF THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS SECTION.

Srslybro.
If you want to contribute to Recode: You can develop the code we need, NOT what you want, or quit your bitching. You can develop content that is relevant to the goals of HackThisSite, or quit your bitching. You can offer something of true substance (read: actually doing some fucking work) rather than writing "policy suggestion documentation," or quit your bitching. You can get off your lazy ass and ask "How can I help you achieve the goals HackThisSite has" (and actually contribute something!) rather than "THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE DONE RIGHT NOW GODDAMMIT!!", or quit your bitching.
Weird, I swear I offered my help, got "hired" but then the whole project got shut down and no one informed ANYBODY what was going on. If you want help, quit your bitching and let us help!
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Suggestions