Does anyone still read this forum?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Does anyone still read this forum?

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 pm
([msg=97550]see Does anyone still read this forum?[/msg])

I jump back on here every couple of months too see if there is a resurgence in activity.
I’m exclusively seeing bot posts trying to sell nonsense. The mods don’t even bother deleting stuff anymore.
Any real users still lurking on these forums or has has it gone the way of the dodo?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Does anyone still read this forum?

Post by hashes on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 pm
([msg=97715]see Re: Does anyone still read this forum?[/msg])

Yes, I still read the forums once in a while. Unfortunately, I have to scroll through endless posts about:

I am lost on mission "whatever"
    Please help me hack "something"
    Hackers for hire
And once in a while I do find a good discussion, but it's too old to continue or it's locked.

I wish it could also be a place where one could discuss encryption keys, forensics, security, reverse engineering and tons of other topics. But I know that's not going to happen anytime soon. And there are of course more serious forums for that.

But if there was a little more quality on the posts, it would be more interesting. Not that I have a question, or a definite answer on anything, but joining a discussion on an interesting topic would be nice.

I did actually submit an article a few days ago. Just to contribute something to the site. But I haven't seen it come up on the list yet. But I have no idea how long it takes for things like that to appear. I'm not in any hurry. And a small contribution for the beginners on the "Submit own challenge" part. But none of that has anything to do with forum posts.
hashes
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Comments & Suggestions