Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?

Discussion about particular books go here.
Forum rules
Please make title book name & author.
Books about computers or hacking get stickied

Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?

Post by Jugular on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 am
([msg=90492]see Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?[/msg])

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any good books on these subjects. I am aware of w3schools, however I would like to actually own books on the subjects. Money isn't an issue. Thanks. :)
Jugular
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?

Post by Jbraithwaite on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm
([msg=90494]see Re: Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?[/msg])

There's a lot you can learn about js, python and SQL from the CodeAcademy. It's exercise based learning practical on the site. Dead useful. There's nowt a lot to learn about HTML these days as there's hardly much of it in use. It's all CSS styling done in sites. I'd say the practical exercises on the CodeAcademy would see you well through to identifying your strong points.

They recently introduced Java too. You can also learn Ruby too if needed.
In training....
Jbraithwaite
Poster
Poster

Re: Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?

Post by PortFondler on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:56 pm
([msg=90496]see Re: Recommended HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL books?[/msg])

^^^^This.

The only problem I see with Codecademy is that they don't have C/C++ or any compiled language (except Java, which they could/should have gone into a lot more detail with, like they did with all the easier languages) but you're not looking for a website it sounds like. If you're only looking for HTML/Javascript?PHP/SQL then Codecademy is good.

Also, somewhere on MIT's website you can watch and read different lectures and presentations on all different topics of computer sciences. you may also be able to do this on Khan Academy as well but I haven't checked

As for books? no clue lol sorry I couldn't be of help. not much of a book learner personally, especially on this subject
..."Learn from people. Teach people. Do anything that will satiate your need to learn and keep you out of a cell at the same time.

The world is so much bigger than some person's inbox" ~Goatboy
PortFondler
New User
New User

Return to Books