A Hackers Beginner Guide

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide

Post by Topazy on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:59 am
([msg=95220]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

There is no beginner hacking.. Hacking are for pro's. html development are for beginners, then some css, perl, jquery etc.. Then visual basic and C#. Then Java, C, C++.. Then encryption and database management.. And then after many years of studying and learning (with exams and old teacher, can't really force yourself to learn everything yourself). THEN you can start "hacking".

Unless you talk about using someones software to "hack" other people, in that case hacking is as difficult as using Facebook and should not be called hacking in the first place. If it was easy everyone would do it. :D
"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."Regards-Topazy.
Topazy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Ritic on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm
([msg=95222]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

Hello! i want to start of by saying thanks to anyone willingly to help me, a noob, find the right direction to hacking. My end goal or what I want to accomplish at the end of my hacking journey is to turn my knowledge and computer into a hacking tool to attack specific systems (such as an online profile, a website, ones own personal device and or wifi) and/or extract information, for example tracking, by-passing online security, hiding my own identity be it location etc.

Being a noob, I'm not even sure if what I want to accomplish is realistic or achievable, but at least you have some idea as to what i aspire to be. I guess to say the least, I want to use my computer as a tool like you would see in (disclaimer, i am 100% aware how much of a noob im going to sound like by saying this but im solely using this as an example for you to better understand what I wish to learn, I respect hacking in its entirety and wish not to come off as somebody who saw the game and totally think that I can easily do it, i dont think that way, im just eager to learn and grow in that direction) watch dogs.

I just unboxed my Acer Chromebook 15 and want to know where to get started. My initial thought was to switch over to windows right away as i have more experience hacking my schools computer which runs on windows 7. As a noob, i was able to exploit the computer so that instead of a sticky keys prompt, cmd appeared on the log-in screen when i pressed shift a few times! After this, i was able to whatever it was system 32 could do as i wasnt logged in to a student clearance level account. Anyways, I looked into it a bit more and Ubunto and Linux kept popping up. I looked into that and found myself on
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-l ... -509039343 which explained how to install ubunto. Do i have any idea what most of it means? No. So, i ask any hacking veterans reading this, do you advice a rather cautious noob, who understands not to rush into what i cant handle, to follow the webpage and install ubunto onto my chromebook? Furthermore, if i should, do you recommend unity or xfce?

Thank you so so much for reading and thank you for any helpful/supportive comments you can provide.
Ritic
New User
New User

Post by GardinGoats on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:20 pm
([msg=95271]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

That's a very interesting post but can you recommend any specific sources to learn from? I have got dozens of books about hacking, networking and programming but none brought me any further. I need more specific guidance, I'm here to learn as much as possible but I'm quite lost. Any help would be highly appreciated.
GardinGoats
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 am
([msg=95273]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

GardinGoats wrote:That's a very interesting post but can you recommend any specific sources to learn from? I have got dozens of books about hacking, networking and programming but none brought me any further. I need more specific guidance, I'm here to learn as much as possible but I'm quite lost. Any help would be highly appreciated.

In my totally un-humble opinion, leave the "hacking" books alone. Decide what part of the system you want to target and isolate your education to that until you have a working knowledge. Doesn't need to be expert(you can probably skim books on the subject), but good enough that you don't get overwhelmed when you run into unknowns and can keep momentum while sitting stack overflow lol
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by photo on Sat May 26, 2018 4:08 pm
([msg=95755]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

nice post.
Why can't I run as root can you tell me?
Do you have any books or articles I can read to become better than I was yesterday?
Thank you for reading.
photo
New User
New User

Post by Agustus-Heart on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm
([msg=96086]see Re: A Hackers Beginner Guide[/msg])

This is a great post, Thank you so much for this!

Is there any way to start learning how to hack on a Chromebook?
Agustus-Heart
New User
New User

Previous

Return to NZone