Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by stuart134 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm
([msg=43788]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, I'm a 17 year old from North London, currently about to go into my last year at school, and awaiting my AS results :S

I have always had an interest in computers but recently I have decided to actually learn more about them. I am beginning to learn C++, as well as HTML.

I am also working my way through Hacking exposed 6, and once I have a solid base of C++ plan to move out to other languages, as well as learning my way around UNIX.

So that is me, nice to meet you all.
stuart134
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by screamofthebutterfly on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:41 pm
([msg=43791]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi there. I'm sixteen, live in Kentucky, I like computers and drawing. I know HTML, CSS, and some random scattered Javascript, PHP, and some of the stuff you learn in the basic missions. So, not much.
I like anime, music, and debate too. I listen to metal. My favorite anime is Elfen Lied, closely followed by Fullmetal Alchemist and Chobits. I'm a communist (more specifically anarcho-communist; if you think that's a contradiction you have a lot to learn) and I've noticed there are a few discussions on here about communism, accompanied with the typical human nature arguments and all that. Dunno the political makeup of this site though.
screamofthebutterfly
New User
New User

Evenin all

Post by forklift on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:45 pm
([msg=44077]see Evenin all[/msg])

ello - just sort of saying hello - found this site as i've been getting into networking quite alot at work and at home, was looking at the ccna security videos - and this was full of examples about hacking, so wanted to go a little further and check it out :)
I'll try and avoid stupid questions, but cant guarantee it :D
forklift
New User
New User

Post by MetaJoker on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 am
([msg=44189]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 23
Currently looking at colleges for Computer Science degree / info. sec.
Either on HTS, playing SC2, or CODMW2
Learning Python
Attempting to learn Cryptology

Any questions or if you wanna chat feel free to pm me.
MetaJoker
New User
New User

Post by RabbitH0le on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 pm
([msg=44215]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 24.
I've been trying to get into computer science seriously since I was 13, but was always deterred by something else.
I'm starting with HTML, then moving on from there.
Looking to make acquaintances, so say hello.
live together or die alone.
RabbitH0le
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by imcrafty on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm
([msg=44220]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi people :) I'm Sara and I happen to be really bad with computers so I'm using this site to learn more about them and the art of hacking. So far I can't grt passed Basic Mission 3, but I'm working on it. I'll be going to college in two years
imcrafty
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by awakenwolf on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 pm
([msg=44250]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey guys (and gals ;) ), I'm new as you can tell, I have some not so extensive HTML skills but have enough to build a good functional website and I hope to learn more about hacking, networking and the like, I love computers and I'm actually a closet geek haha, and yea basically looking for advice, knowledge and even friendship

Edit: Oh and I'm a young hacker at the sweet age of 16 and if you can't tell by my first sentence, a male.
awakenwolf
New User
New User

Post by JugheadJones on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:51 am
([msg=44335]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings.

I’m a 30 year-old former construction worker and 9-time college drop-out. Currently, I am self-employed as a local Bar Trivia/Karaoke host…in other words, a glorified party clown. Like many (most? all?) of the other people here, I’ve been interested in hacking for many years, and I’m pleased to have found what appears to be the authority on the subject.

As far as ethics and morality are concerned, I cannot promise that I will use this knowledge solely for the purposes of good, but I can promise that I will only bankrupt people who really piss me off. (only joking, pls no ban)

Many thanks to everyone involved in this site. Freedom of speech and everything it entails is a huge issue for me, and it makes me have a little hope for mankind that so many people are willing to stand up for what is at best an avoided topic, and at worst viewed as "common" criminal behavior.

Much love and hope for the future of Man,
Jughead P Jones
"The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." ~ Socrates
JugheadJones
New User
New User

Post by mysticskys on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 pm
([msg=44392]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello Members.

My names is CJ.

Glad to have found you.

Stats: Native Chicago, IL - 34 - Small Business Manager

I am new here, and would like to introduce myself.

I also seek direction. I am seeking the knowledge of an experienced coder.

Which forum should I travel to next?
mysticskys
New User
New User

LukieD Introduction

Post by LukieD on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm
([msg=44548]see LukieD Introduction[/msg])

Hi guys,

I'm Luke from Devon, England. I do php programming and have made a custom cms or two, but I want to learn more about security holes to keep my apps safe and secure. This seems like a good place to do so!

I am really liking the challenges as they are getting the old grey matter working :D

Look forward to getting to know you guys.

Luke
LukieD
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone