Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Zenobe on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:58 pm
([msg=6284]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hmm. Didn't expect there to be an "introduce yourself" thread in Off-Topic.

I'm 21, from Canada, and going to college as a Computer Systems Tech student. I work for various government agencies in a technical capacity. I'm a third-generation computer geek but watching parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents code all my life have killed any inclination to become a programmer. But I love puzzles! Oh, and knitting.
Zenobe
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Last_Singularity on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:54 pm
([msg=6294]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

First, I would like to express how grateful that I am to find a site of such dedicated intellects, hackers, and programmers. I feel that I could really appreciate this site because I am the type of person who takes nothing for granted, always questioning for an answer, never settling for "it just does" as an answer, and willing to spend days over a programming (or math, physics, economics) riddle/challenge. I did not really get into computers until the past year or so (when I read an article written by ESR). Though I sometimes think about how much I could have done if I had discovered computer science earlier, I spend more time looking towards the future: developing my knowledge of computer science. I am currently reading some Java programming books and tweaking around with Ubuntu.

A few other random facts about me:
-College student majoring in mathematics and economics
-Avid fan of xkcd and wikipedia
-Solve Rubik's Cubes around 20 seconds or so, and sometimes blindfolded
-Taken five years of Tae Kwon Do (and I also lift weights)
-Big fan of EDM and glowsticks

I hope to learn a lot during my time on HTS and hopefully eventually contribute back towards the hacker culture (but that won't be for a while).

Cheers!

-Joe
"Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking." -Richard Stallman
Last_Singularity
New User
New User

Post by slashdox on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm
([msg=6300]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

High school student
I spend 2 hours x 2 days a week in taekwondo classes (WTF, not ITF)
I just started programming seriously about 3 months ago
& download addict...i read a hell lot of ebooks

slashdox [at] gmail [dot] com
slashdox [dot ] com
slashdox
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:37 pm
([msg=6573]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 16, in 6th form (well right now it's the summer but shhh!) studying computing, geography and law. I live in the UK as well, the north west (near Liverpool a.k.a "dump"). I play squash and like to spend my time on the computer. Obviously.
I also volunteer at an the Tam O'Shanter Urban farm. Sounds really boring but I've got friends there and it's rather fun actually - if anyone lives near, PM me.
And finally, I have SA (Social Anxiety). It's a bitch and I hate it, but I'm getting better. For those who don't know, it's a fear of certain social situations and it's really dehabilitating.
That's all.
::thedotmaster::
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by snkwilimba on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:10 am
([msg=6606]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi,

I am 27 and am Microsoft and Cisco accredited. I spend a lot of time on the computer probably about 12 hours a day doing various tasks. Most of them quite useless. I am just adicted I suppose. The only time I really take time off is when Manchester United is playng live on TV. I am keen to further my knowledge in the direction of this site. That I feel, thats what I should have concentrated on from start. Hence I am really a Novice in the world of Hacking. I hope no one gets upset when I ask stupid questions, as I am not a developer. But I am determined to learn asap.
snkwilimba
New User
New User

Post by zeeman123 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:44 am
([msg=6625]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 16 and I love compputers and am interested in learning everything about them and how they work. I go on certain tasks or you could say missions and not missions on this site i mean stuff that i force myself to learn about and be a master at them. I'm totally dedicated. My dedication has recently made me a have a better knowleddge about computing and how it works. I am the master at binary and hexadecimals, im the best at it. I know html javascript and average at c++, I want to be an IT though, if my programming career doesn't work out, because A+ cert is easy :P, i hope to learn a lot at this site and its a great site too, so yea
zeeman123
New User
New User

Post by crithit5000 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:06 pm
([msg=6661]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hola, I'm 29 (very soon to be thirty -_-) and reside in Youngstown, Ohio. I've been goofing around with computers since my father plopped me down in front of a VIC-20. I also rather enjoy video games, most notably old school 2D shooters (Ikaruga, DoDonPachi, etc.) and 2D fighters (Street Fighter mainly, but recently I've been getting into KoF and anything else SNK). I also enjoy scratching records on my turntables, creating music using various software, and listening to really oddball music. I have an unhealthy obsession with toys and Legos, as well.
crithit5000
New User
New User

Post by DWhitex17 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 am
([msg=6690]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey, I'm Dylan. I'm 16. I used to spend time on learning about all of the stuff in this world of hacking. It just slowly faded away from me. I used to hack iPods. I play soccer all of the time. I want to get back into this world. Having the knowledge of this stuff helps out a lot. Peace.
DWhitex17
New User
New User

Post by Technautical on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 pm
([msg=6708]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

+ 18 years old
+ Senior in high school
+ Love Metal Gear Solid
+ Internet savvy
+ Art school after high school
+ Pokemon addict
+ Techie Geek
+ Above average intelligence
+ Rick Astley is my hero
[ Between the numbers, I can see you smiling ]
Technautical
New User
New User

men i'm new at this help and hello

Post by danir1904 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 am
([msg=6733]see men i'm new at this help and hello[/msg])

damn guys look i'm from Venezuela so i just find out 'bout HTS 'cause i was searchin' 'cause i wanna know how to hack hahaha well guys u lnow the first test. "the idiot test" i think this is the name well..... i don't any fucking idea of what 2 do with that i mean i don't know any shit.... which password should i put men??.... well i should do it by my self but really i don't have any idea of what to do with that....

Any help would be really great Thx!!!!! and C U guys Later.......

D@nir ^^, LOL!

Everything happens for somethinG
danir1904
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone