Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by conscience on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:04 pm
([msg=63148]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

razibog wrote:Hello.
I am razi, i am currently learning programming in Python, have done a tiny bit of Php in the past, just started working for a web developing company, and am eager to learn some hacking (not in the sense of the hackforums, but in the traditional sense)
I am interested in Computers in general, finding out how things work, Cryptography, Security, i am also planning on learning C and probably Assembly in the near future.
I stumbled upon this site by "accident" but it was a good one, i am glad i found this forum as i find it immensely helpful and generaly awesome.
Hopefuly we will learn something together, or at least you guys will help me out in a way.
Cheers!

I'm right here to coach a just-starting fellow ASM enthusiast ;) If you have any questions regarding Assembly, feel free to PM me.

Oh, wait! Didn't I... Okay, I'm con. :) I work for a SW company as a dev. Most of my time I consider programming a joyful game I get even paid for. Isn't that lovely, huh? :D
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by razibog on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:16 pm
([msg=63153]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

conscience wrote:I'm right here to coach a just-starting fellow ASM enthusiast ;) If you have any questions regarding Assembly, feel free to PM me.

Oh, wait! Didn't I... Okay, I'm con. :) I work for a SW company as a dev. Most of my time I consider programming a joyful game I get even paid for. Isn't that lovely, huh? :D

Well that's a dream job as far as im concerned, fun + money, what more can you want :)
And thank you, will PM you with any questions i will be having.
razibog
New User
New User

Post by HomeDog on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:38 pm
([msg=63186]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm an old guy who likes playing with computers when im not working.
I took a FORTRAN programming class back in the late 70's and have watched
DOS turn into windows 7 (or mac equiv). I maintain about 12 computers in
my work environment and have another 5 at home. i've dabbled in BASIC,
visual basic and a very small amount of C. Enjoy learning new things and
HTS appears to have plenty.
Looking forward to exploring.
HomeDog
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 pm
([msg=63187]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

HomeDog wrote:I'm an old guy who likes playing with computers when im not working.
I took a FORTRAN programming class back in the late 70's and have watched
DOS turn into windows 7 (or mac equiv). I maintain about 12 computers in
my work environment and have another 5 at home. i've dabbled in BASIC,
visual basic and a very small amount of C. Enjoy learning new things and
HTS appears to have plenty.
Looking forward to exploring.

Welcome to HTS. Glad to see you got the forums working. Good to see some people from the old school era joining. Enjoy your stay and happy learning.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by minamo9 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 am
([msg=63221]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings fellow hackers/crackers. Please allow me to introduce my interest and experience.

I refrain from posting personal details for security reasons. However, i do believe it is much more interesting to tell people about stuff that actually matters on this forum, instead of spamming hi im blablabla.

I worked as a software engineer in two countries, Holland and Japan. In Holland i mostly made layouts/sheets with XSLT, manipulating/extracting XML for a specific program. Also i had alot to do with Xpath,XSL:fo, and similar coding languages.

In Japan i designed basic websites out of HTML, CSS and PHP. Nothing fancy, but it worked.

I have two reasons to join this site; to help others with my knowledge, and to aquire more myself. Besides the programming languages previously named i can also do some limited C++,Python,javascript and SQL. Nothing fancy though. I still have alot to learn.

I have little experience cracking. Mostly these were test infiltrations at sites of my own company, and consisted of basic SQL injections and extracting/crawler scripts.

I hope my odd introduction ha been sufficient, and i do hope to add value to these wonderful forums.

With kind greetings,
Minamo

PS: I hope nobody minds I'm using TOR browser.
minamo9
New User
New User

Post by cowboyecosse on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm
([msg=63227]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Howdy all, I'm Billy from ABZ in Scotland.

I'm self-taught (possibly read as bad habited) and for the missions I've completed so far I've pretty much hacked, as in ugly hack - not beautifully coded, my way through.

The goal is for me to become a decent web dev as that's where my interests lie, or have organically ended up at, really. I'm not happy when I "just know" some code could have been better written and forced by clients/bosses to release it anyway because it works. I want to learn some good habits and think this community are in a decent place to help me out with that. Hopefully I can use the bits and bobs I know to give back.

I'm struggling on prog7 so will no doubt be posting over there soon.

Cheers
cowboyecosse
New User
New User

Hello.

Post by jamesk14022 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 pm
([msg=63244]see Hello.[/msg])

Hey, I guess Im new around here. Im a pretty seasoned iPhone dev and I know HTML and CSS as well. Ive been lurking here for a while and I finally decided to sign up to try the missions. Im pretty intrigued with this whole "hacking" thing and Im excited to learn more and maybe get decent at it.

peace.

-- Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 pm --

Sorry about this thread, feel free to delete. I didn't see the introduction thread. :oops:
Moved.
jamesk14022
New User
New User

Post by lolliver on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am
([msg=63282]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey all,

Saw the introduction thread and thought I'd pop in and say howdy.

I was linked to this site from HellboundHackers and am really enjoying the challenges here so far!

Cheers for having me,
Lolliver
lolliver
New User
New User

I'm new?

Post by Nyarusan on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 pm
([msg=63466]see I'm new?[/msg])

Hia, I'm Holt.
(I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.)
I'm a noobie to this site, and was wondering if you guys would be so kind to give me some direction. I've always loved technology, and I'm one of the very few very mature, smart, and practical kids my age. I realize the potiential in technology, and most don't at my age.
I've been very interested in hacking in the past few years, and I've recently decided to learn more about it and keep an open mind. I just turned 12 early December. Apparently, I don't have any expirence in programming. I was wondering if you guys could help lead me in the right direction. I was also wondering if I would even be able to use this site for it's main purpose due to my lack of expirence and knowlegde on the subject. Is this an ideal site for begginners? Where should I start? What are some of the things I'll need to know to use this site if it's not ideal for me?
Thanks for your consideration, Holt ^-^
XxKeepScreamingXx
Nyarusan
New User
New User

Re: I'm new?

Post by conscience on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:43 am
([msg=63468]see Re: I'm new?[/msg])

Well, you'll definitely need some programming experience as it is not too easy to find something (vulns) that you don't understand - when you don't even know the nature of what you're looking for.
You could of course target this site right away and do some of the missions, but without initial knowledge it is less likely that you get the point of each challenge. I'd tell you to stay and keep trying with the tasks, but at the same time you have to concentrate on some programming lessons of your choice - Again, this site/community is here for you to help your learnings, but it is essential that you understand the things you dig up. Good luck, little one, and keep in mind that we're here to answer your questions.

To begin with programming, I'd suggest something really simple. JavaScript for example. It is sufficient to learn some of the basic concepts like variables, functions and alike.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to NZone