urgent help with wifi!!

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

urgent help with wifi!!

Post by kurtcobain515 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:59 pm
([msg=3169]see urgent help with wifi!![/msg])

ok i got my laptop on wednesday and could connect to my neighbors wifi, i asked them if it was ok and they said of course so im not stealing. and then thursday i could connect but only local not local and internet i ahve tryed alot of things but nothing, can u help me? my friend who is alwasy on this site said you guys are very helpful, thank you
kurtcobain515
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: urgent help with wifi!!

Post by bjvanwash on Sun May 25, 2008 12:17 am
([msg=3176]see Re: urgent help with wifi!![/msg])

Assuming that the wifi is not secured, it could be a router problem on your neighbor's end. Or maybe their internet isn't working right.

That's just my guess.
bjvanwash
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: urgent help with wifi!!

Post by Rijnzael on Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm
([msg=3224]see Re: urgent help with wifi!![/msg])

Sounds like you're using Vista, in which case I would suggest trying ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew from the command line. And if that fails you, try deleting the access point from your list of wireless networks (by going to Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel and going to Manage wireless networks on the left) and connecting to it again.
Rijnzael
Poster
Poster

Return to NZone