Tracert and "hiding" ip

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Tracert and "hiding" ip

Post by Bergmark on Sat May 17, 2008 8:52 am
([msg=2639]see Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

Okey, my first contribyte to the site!

This is the thing. I have challenged a friend to get in his computer, so i thougt it was a good ide to post in noob forum

For your information he is running a windows with some kind of firewall, maby one build in in the router too, but not sure of that.

I have his ip, got it trough wireshark. Also have Nmap to scan for open ports whith Tcp syn stealth scan.

I have red about usig nbtstat, netwiev to access his shared files. but throug some testing i have understood that i need the ip of his router, not his computer, to do that, right?

So if i have his ip, in order to find his routes ip i could use tracert to se what routers it passes, will his router show up? Or is there any other way to find it?

To the question of safety, How do i connect trough a proxy, or any other way to hide myself, and still be able to use CMD and other useful programs on his comp? Is telnet able to hide ip throug a proxy or a bouncer?

Ok lets continue, i found that port 22(service: ssh), 23(service:telnet), 80(service:tcpwrapped) was open
There also was some filtered ports to, 25(smtp), 67(dhcps), 68(dhcps), 135(msrpc)136(profile)137(netbios-ns)138(netbios-dgm)139(netbios-ssn)445(microsoft-ds)

How do i continue from this, by finding known weaknesses in some service? Pls example

One last thing, is my ISP gonna notice that i am preforming portscans and using nbtstat, or must my friend report me? becouse he wont but dont wanna be in truble with my isp for nothing

Thanks for help
Bergmark
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip

Post by hacker-n-training on Sat May 17, 2008 9:43 am
([msg=2645]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

Hello:

Ok, the HTS communty have had posts like this before claiming someone is wanting to do something to a "friend" ( brother, sister, dad, mom, whatever doesn't matter),but how do we know that's true? And even if it is HTS cannot help you with anything illegal.

Your just going to have to figuire the answer to your question alone.
Your post also sounds suspicious to me..

Bergmark wrote:Okey, my first contribyte to the site!

This is the thing. I have challenged a friend to get in his computer, so i thougt it was a good ide to post in noob forum

For your information he is running a windows with some kind of firewall, maby one build in in the router too, but not sure of that.
Then when we read here...
I have his ip, got it trough wireshark. Also have Nmap to scan for open ports whith Tcp syn stealth scan.
I thought it was a challenge to your "friend" to get into his own computer. Not you get into his? Doesn't really make sence now does it? Atleast not to me...
I have red about usig nbtstat, netwiev to access his shared files. but throug some testing i have understood that i need the ip of his router, not his computer, to do that, right?

So if i have his ip, in order to find his routes ip i could use tracert to se what routers it passes, will his router show up? Or is there any other way to find it?

To the question of safety, How do i connect trough a proxy, or any other way to hide myself, and still be able to use CMD and other useful programs on his comp? Is telnet able to hide ip throug a proxy or a bouncer?

Ok lets continue, i found that port 22(service: ssh), 23(service:telnet), 80(service:tcpwrapped) was open
There also was some filtered ports to, 25(smtp), 67(dhcps), 68(dhcps), 135(msrpc)136(profile)137(netbios-ns)138(netbios-dgm)139(netbios-ssn)445(microsoft-ds)

How do i continue from this, by finding known weaknesses in some service? Pls example

One last thing, is my ISP gonna notice that i am preforming portscans and using nbtstat, or must my friend report me? becouse he wont but dont wanna be in truble with my isp for nothing

Thanks for help
To understand the heart and mind of a person,
Look not at what they have already done,
but what they aspire to do. - hacker-n-training
hacker-n-training
New User
New User

Post by hex_wannabe on Sun May 18, 2008 2:43 am
([msg=2705]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

Wow, you have way to much time on your hands to go through highlighting certain things.
Perhaps he's just shit with grammar? Or perhaps he's yet another idiot who failed to notice everyone saying that this sort of thing isn't helped by the kind folks here.
http://www.netninja.co.nz - My writing forum
hex_wannabe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by IIKrimlinII on Sun May 18, 2008 2:52 am
([msg=2708]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

this is almost sounds like someone asking if hacking into the FBI database is an ideal first hack....
IIKrimlinII
New User
New User

Post by hex_wannabe on Sun May 18, 2008 3:00 am
([msg=2711]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

Hm. On an unrelated note, what do you guys think the chance of the FBI reading everything here are?
Personally I'm guessing that some law agency is reading it all, probably quite a few. If these noobs get HTS shut down or something stupid there *will* be hell to pay. (Not that I'm good enough to do anything to them... but HTS is home to some of the best, in my opinion anyway)
hex_wannabe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by IIKrimlinII on Sun May 18, 2008 3:04 am
([msg=2713]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

hex_wannabe wrote:Hm. On an unrelated note, what do you guys think the chance of the FBI reading everything here are?
Personally I'm guessing that some law agency is reading it all, probably quite a few. If these noobs get HTS shut down or something stupid there *will* be hell to pay. (Not that I'm good enough to do anything to them... but HTS is home to some of the best, in my opinion anyway)

hell the name of the site gives it a dead drop for FBI or whoever wants to look for hackers, but all they will find here is that the black hats or aspiring black hats usually get flammed for admiting any kind of illegal doing or asking about it...
IIKrimlinII
New User
New User

Post by hex_wannabe on Sun May 18, 2008 3:06 am
([msg=2714]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

Don't forget that googles description says:
HackThisSite! is a legal and safe network security resource where users test their hacking skills on various challenges and learn about hacking and network
Ah, flaming wannabe black hats, the joys of the world
hex_wannabe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by IIKrimlinII on Sun May 18, 2008 3:17 am
([msg=2715]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

my other joy is biting this 1972 quarter... that was outta left field
Rule 40
IIKrimlinII
New User
New User

Post by hex_wannabe on Sun May 18, 2008 3:40 am
([msg=2718]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

If that was meant to make sense to someone like me you failed.
If not google pop (don't know what that means either...)
hex_wannabe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by hacker-n-training on Sun May 18, 2008 11:27 am
([msg=2736]see Re: Tracert and "hiding" ip[/msg])

hex_wannabe wrote:Wow, you have way to much time on your hands to go through highlighting certain things.
Perhaps he's just shit with grammar? Or perhaps he's yet another idiot who failed to notice everyone saying that this sort of thing isn't helped by the kind folks here.

No, possibly I just type alot faster and do things alot faster and it does not take as much time :?:
Also... If I believe someone is doing this for illegal purposes why would I not state it?
To understand the heart and mind of a person,
Look not at what they have already done,
but what they aspire to do. - hacker-n-training
hacker-n-training
New User
New User

Next

Return to NZone