Americans - War in Iraq?

Bad threads go here

Re: Americans - War in Iraq?

Post by JrJarhead on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am
([msg=19149]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

I think that some people need to get there head out of the sand first off in the iraqi war we have met every guideline mandated by congress on time or early second this is just like Vietnam because the commanders have there hands tied by congress where they have to ok all of there various plans before they can start them third whoever it was that said the U.S. didn't do anything in WWII is retarted just tell that to all the mothers and fathers that lost there sons on the land that they fought tooth and nail over whether it be in Europe or in the Pacific also you need to watch some other news here are a couple of links about some stuff your beloved new president has done or its about him

http://thecookaccount.blogspot.com/ this is a web site you can find truth at
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html ... d=playlist this shows what that stimulus package is doing
this is just the beginning of the list
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by stateofmind76 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:20 pm
([msg=24831]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

I consider myself a conservative, and so, NOT a Republican.

True conservative theory DOES NOT involve wasting money in long foreign wars, spending(Stimulus Packages), and True Conservatives believe in as little taxation and change to the Deficit and the Economy as possible.

The best way to describe this is that The United States Economy being like an ecosystem, with destructive pollutants like The War in Iraq, The Stimulus Package, Obama and Nancy Pelosi, and an infinite number of small corrupt earmarks passed in every Bill.

So any Real Conservative DOES NOT support the war in Iraq. And should leave the Republican Party.
stateofmind76
New User
New User

Post by Soul-Fire on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:09 pm
([msg=25555]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

One problem with the above statement is that wars actually boost the economy. Its the military-industrial complex. Every gun used, every bullet shot, every helmet worn; needs to be bought and made. Most of these products are made within the US. So every time the government buys one of these items they are creating jobs and putting money back into the economy.
Soul-Fire
New User
New User

Post by stateofmind76 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:37 pm
([msg=25618]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

You're right Soul-Fire,

In fact after the French Revolution, they used war against Prussia to stimulate the economy and get it working in France again. But war is an ugly, bloody business, and should only fought in defense of an allied country or the country itself (The United States).
So...your theory only works if the United States manufactures the bullets, weapons, and vehicles (and paying the troops) needed for war.
In reality, our government buys bullets and weapons from other countries, at the sad expense of the US Tax Payer.
The only good news is that we have an excess of ammo and weapons now, so were selling ammo and weapons to
Israel (No, that's not really good news). So, in my opinion, the government ideally operates as a mercantalist sub-economy, and the actual economy should operate under capitalism.
stateofmind76
New User
New User

Post by armywatts1 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 pm
([msg=28347]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

I am going to Iraq in a week. I Just sat down at a meeting with a 2 star general. I will tell you everything i know.

April 2010
U.S. military start packing up 15,000 pieces of equipment a month to be shipped back home
things are being packed up now, just not as much as 15,000 a month

Army is no long leading the fight on terrorism. for example...

i go to work. ask the Iraqi general if there is any news. he says "well there is a couple bad guys in such-and-such city." I say "ok, how many guys you going to send in?" Iraqi general says "ill send in 10 and you send in 5" I say "ok"

Thats whats happening in Iraq right this moment.

August 2010 (this is when I'm SUPPOSED to be coming back to the states)
U.S. Military will no longer be conducting combat operations.
There is a lop hole to this. We wont conduct combat operations but we will still be in Iraq, helping the Iraqi army. For instance we will be running the medivac teams if Iraqi's get hurt. We just wont be on the front line.

One more thing comes into play. Everyone knows there are 2 religious groups that hate each other. Well there is a 3rd group called the Kurds. There not a religious group, they just want there land back. (long story) Anyways, the Kurds have formed an organized army without our help. They plan on taking "there land" back in the near future. So we may be doing combat operations past August 2010, but who knows.

Our missions
protect the only oil refinery in Iraq (I will be in North Iraq which is where the refinery is)
protect a certain religious building (I'm not good with names, but its some big golden dome that was blown up and rebuilt)
protect the Iraqi people/army
train the Iraqi army to do the jobs we do. (example: I fix electronics so I will teach Iraqi people how to fix electronics)

That about sums it up in the briefest way I can without going into huge details. If you have any questions PM me or reply to my post. Ill answer all the questions I can.
armywatts1
New User
New User

Post by Sl0thGoodi3s on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 am
([msg=28355]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

This is a true community aint it :)
Sl0thGoodi3s
New User
New User

Post by hackemperor on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 pm
([msg=48180]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

American army shouldn't be there in the first place. This will be a nightmare for centuries to come. The best advice is to get out as quick as possible and pay the price, by rebuilding the country American army destroyed. Rebuild the schools, hospitals, roads, etc. and also compensate to the affected families. And forget the oil :)
hackemperor
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm
([msg=48181]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

This thread is so old
Why necro a year-old thread?
Warn + lock + move

~Haiku, Goatboy 2010
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Graveyard