What happens when you die?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by BasedLizardTitties on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:19 pm
([msg=90857]see Re: What happens when you die?[/msg])

I don't know enough about the Bible to contend, but for asatruar, it depends. Those who lived honorably, and displayed bravery in battle may be selected valkyries to join the einherjar. Freyja takes first pick of the fallen warriors, who join her on the fields of Folkvangr and Odin gets the remainder, in Valhalla. Aside from that, the rest are said to go to Hellheimr, although there's not very much distinction in a lot of sources between these realms.

I am, admittedly, fresh to the faith and still learning. I became curious and dug a bit more and found a lot of information that is not so common. An article discussed ideas on the fragmentary nature of the self in which some of you lives on as an ancestor, the hamingja, to be reborn in a descendant, while your corpse itself physically feeds the world that gave birth to you. There's also the concept that one is born under the spirit of animal that gives us our traits, and that perhaps when we die, that part of our spirit rejoins its brethren in the world.

So, eternal life, but not in the way that is usually thought of now.
BasedLizardTitties
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by crazysaxer on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:28 pm
([msg=91058]see Re: What happens when you die?[/msg])

As an atheist, I would say we don't really have any way of knowing what happens after death. That being said, my opinion is that you will be in a state of non existence, very much like before you were born. If that is the case, than I am fine with it
crazysaxer
New User
New User

Post by Securex on Sat May 07, 2016 3:14 am
([msg=92269]see Re: What happens when you die?[/msg])

Our life still have more secrets than we can handle
IPleak.com - Check your VPN or Proxy!

Temp-Mail.org - Disposable Temporary email
Securex
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Religion