Page 9 of 10

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm
by Android442
I am an Agnostic Theist. Was raised a Christian, became an atheist and after some contemplation became this.
I won't go deeper about my views unless confronted.

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm
by Mr-Mouse
I am a user, therefore, I put my faith in Tron to protect us all.

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:36 am
by TheTechBrony
Mr-Mouse wrote:I am a user, therefore, I put my faith in Tron to protect us all.


Isn't it the other way round, where Tron depends on you to protect him since users are like gods to programs?

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 pm
by cyberdrain
TheTechBrony wrote:Isn't it the other way round, where Tron depends on you to protect him since users are like gods to programs?

Maybe Mr-Mouse is a program 8-)

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:11 pm
by Mr-Mouse
cyberdrain wrote:
TheTechBrony wrote:Isn't it the other way round, where Tron depends on you to protect him since users are like gods to programs?

Maybe Mr-Mouse is a program 8-)


DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am
by PyratedKat453
Dredrick summed up what i believe in. Feel free to ask me any questions on christianity

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:08 am
by molanDankil
Atheist, am I. I neither believe in any god, nor do I think there is any kind of "higher power" except the forces that control the universe and the laws that can be mathematically explained, or are still in the works of being explained.

I do however believe that everyone has the right to choose what religion they may follow for themselves, and so I will never attempt to talk someone into giving up their god(s), nor do I expect anyone to try and get me to believe in theirs.

As far as the afterlife, I do know our minds and bodies contain energy, fueled by the raw materials we consume (food, O2, water, etc...), and the components in those materials are broken down and delivered to our cells and somewhere in the mix, our brains give us consciousness. Death comes when the body is no longer able to function, whether it be by traumatic injury, malnutrition, or suffocation or what have you, and when the energy in our body is no longer contained and being generated, it disperses into the surroundings, as our bodies become an empty shell.

If a shred of consciousness continues to exist after the point of death, having no body to experience any of the senses, I would simply drift along and become one with surrounding signals, waves, and perhaps absorb into nearby matter and be grounded out, becoming one with the Earth.

What actually happens, one may never know unless they have died and their consciousness transferred to a machine somehow to be able to allow them to explain what they see/feel/hear/smell/taste/sense...

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:58 am
by cyberdrain
molanDankil wrote:As far as the afterlife, I do know our minds and bodies contain energy, fueled by the raw materials we consume (food, O2, water, etc...), and the components in those materials are broken down and delivered to our cells and somewhere in the mix, our brains give us consciousness. Death comes when the body is no longer able to function, whether it be by traumatic injury, malnutrition, or suffocation or what have you, and when the energy in our body is no longer contained and being generated, it disperses into the surroundings, as our bodies become an empty shell.

I like that thought, it's one explanation that at the very least sounds plausible. Interesting view, thanks for sharing :)

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:03 pm
by molanDankil
Very honored-feeling that you like my perspective, cyberdrain :) Death is certainly something I'm curious about, as I am with many things, but I prefer to analyze it in a scientific/practical approach. Not often a popular view with the highly religious, but as a former infantryman, I am a strong believer in freedom, whether it be speech, religion (or my lack thereof), information, etc... Knowing this is a community of intellectuals (based on the skills required to advance through missions and to gain a name for oneself here), I feel I can share my thoughts as if discussing ideas/opinions with colleagues :)

If I ever were to follow anything that one may call "religion", it would have to be the ways of my Norwegian ancestors, and their all but forgotten Pagan beliefs and rituals. While I don't actually subscribe to any form of god, the polytheist method, where everything is tied to the planet and forces of nature makes more sense to me. I do try to practice some of those traditions that fall on key days of the year, but not so much in a "worship" kind of way, but more a tip of the hat to the old ways, as well as an excuse to drink ale and/or mead from a cow horn and sing around a campfire.

Re: What do you believe in?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:41 am
by Raymondo97
I believe I can provide some clarity and detailed input on most of what has been discussed here. My name is Jayden. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Some of you may have heard of my faith, others might not recognize it. Another name which we are known by, is an abbreviation of that: LDS. But our most common nickname is that we are Mormons. If you don't recognize my faith still, I invite you to ask me, or visit http://www.mormon.org for more information. Please feel free to ask me anything, and I will do my best to answer with what I believe. Also, please restate any previous questions or comments, seeing as how I haven't yet taken the time to read through any of this forum. Thank you. :)