Life got you down? - Christianity

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Life got you down? - Christianity

Post by moneygreen on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:27 pm
([msg=32775]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

In Southpark, heaven is full of mormons, and thus worse than hell.

I bet faazshift will love that <.<

Mormons on South Park are always funny.
moneygreen
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by ChippZanuff on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 pm
([msg=36004]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:I want cold, hard evidence of God. If you expect our counter-proof to stand up to scientific scrutiny, I expect nothing less from your proof.

Where's your cold hard proof of evolution?
ChippZanuff
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm
([msg=36005]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

ChippZanuff wrote:
Goatboy wrote:I want cold, hard evidence of God. If you expect our counter-proof to stand up to scientific scrutiny, I expect nothing less from your proof.

Where's your cold hard proof of evolution?

First of all, common sense.

Second of all, that people have tracked genetic history and found that species have evolved.

Third, fossils.

There's endless proof for evolution, you just don't want to see it.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by ChippZanuff on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am
([msg=36006]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:According to them, the earth is also 6,000 years old.

How do you know it isn't? You weren't around to see.

-- Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am --

sanddbox wrote:First of all, common sense.

Second of all, that people have tracked genetic history and found that species have evolved.

Third, fossils.

There's endless proof for evolution, you just don't want to see it.
1. I don't see what common sense has to do with it, since what knowledge can be defined as "common" is an opinion.
2. Who tracked genetic history and found that species have evolved? And why do we still have the species that other species supposedly evolved from? Shouldn't they have evolved too?
3. As far as I know, fossils are a myth. I've never found one. The fossils I've seen might not have been fossils at all. Someone just told me that they were. How do they know? That being said, I've never seen God either. No one can prove anything to me without me experiencing it firsthand. Everyone just has to choose what they believe.
ChippZanuff
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 am
([msg=36008]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

ChippZanuff wrote:And why do we still have the species that other species supposedly evolved from? Shouldn't they have evolved too?

See, this is the problem. You have no understanding of evolution at all.

(For your information -- the only reason species evolve is because species with undesirable traits die out. As long as a species can survive and reproduce, it's genes will live on. A species only has to evolve enough to survive to pass on its genes.)

Oh, and common sense is different than common knowledge.
Last edited by sanddbox on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by ChippZanuff on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 am
([msg=36009]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
ChippZanuff wrote:And why do we still have the species that other species supposedly evolved from? Shouldn't they have evolved too?

Obviously, because you're a not a reasonable, logical person it's pointless to argue with you.

(For your information -- the only reason species evolve is because species with undesirable traits die out. As long as a species can survive and reproduce, it's genes will live on. A species only has to evolve enough to survive to pass on its genes.)

Maybe I don't have any understanding of evolution at all. I'm not claiming to understand every aspect of the theory. That's the reason I'm asking these questions. But if apes (or whatever) evolved into humans then according to what you said the reason this happened is because the undesirable ape traits died out. But we still have apes. And whether common sense and common knowledge is different is irrelevant. But if that's how you want to be then fine. What sense can be defined as common is an opinion.
ChippZanuff
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 am
([msg=36010]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

ChippZanuff wrote:
sanddbox wrote:

Obviously, because you're a not a reasonable, logical person it's pointless to argue with you.

Maybe I don't have any understanding of evolution at all. I'm not claiming to understand every aspect of the theory. That's the reason I'm asking these questions. But if apes (or whatever) evolved into humans then according to what you said the reason this happened is because the undesirable ape traits died out. But we still have apes. And whether common sense and common knowledge is different is irrelevant. But if that's how you want to be then fine. What sense can be defined as common is an opinion.

Apes with undesirable traits DID die out. That doesn't mean being an ape is undesirable.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by nermd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 am
([msg=36017]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

ChippZanuff wrote:

Wow what a wonderful example why you cant argue with religious lunatics especially not with those "young-earth-creationists". I think it wont help if i cite some geological or physical evidence as - of course - those where placed by god 6000 ears ago. All you people do is using circular reasoning for your whole life to prove NOTHING.
But hey on the other side, your believe in some "entity" called god who is almighty and sent his weired son to earth to do some stupid things and write a fucking book is of course much more likely ...

religion is an EPIC FAIL!

q.e.d
With this world there is no understanding, we belong their only to the extent, as we rebel against it (Theodor W. Adorno) --> if somebody knows a "official" translation for the well known german quote ... pls let me know!
nermd
New User
New User

Post by ChippZanuff on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 pm
([msg=36081]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

nermd wrote:
ChippZanuff wrote:

Wow what a wonderful example why you cant argue with religious lunatics especially not with those "young-earth-creationists". I think it wont help if i cite some geological or physical evidence as - of course - those where placed by god 6000 ears ago. All you people do is using circular reasoning for your whole life to prove NOTHING.
But hey on the other side, your believe in some "entity" called god who is almighty and sent his weired son to earth to do some stupid things and write a fucking book is of course much more likely ...

religion is an EPIC FAIL!

q.e.d

Whether or not I think the earth is 6000 years old or billions of years old has nothing to do with my religion. I never said that's how old the earth is. I just asked how other people know if it is or not. I wasn't around to see it either. And be careful with your generalizations as well. You have no way of knowing if I'm a "religions lunatic" or not. Just because I may or may not believe something doesn't mean I'm going to shove it down people's throats. And it certainly doesn't mean I'm going to bash them for it. If the best arguments that you can come up with are fallacies then that says something right there. But taking a shot at me doesn't prove if God exists or not. It just proves that you're an asshole.
ChippZanuff
New User
New User

Post by neuromanta on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 am
([msg=36083]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

The same argument goes on again and again... argument about two things that cannot be argued about in the same context. Evolution is about how our phisical body was formed, and creation history in religions are about how our spirit is formed. Both are true in my opinion.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion