Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by marrkuz on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:47 am
([msg=100626]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hey everyone,
here I am, I have an executable "file" named hash, and I found a 32 characters string also hash.
Opening that file in a texteditor did give me some info, like the type of hash, somewhere in the unreadable mess ...

The string is not recognised in any tools / online tools I have tried in any md format I tried.
At first, I only had the string... and read everywhere how I could get it done.
Unfortunately, cain is stuck at install in wine, I also have jonh and hashcat but I recognised my limitations on how to go about those, I did my best to gather information, but it's not very clear.

I read online that a hash file is a file that has been ciphered using a key ... so it's encrypted, in other words... so does it mean I am supposed to decypher it using the 32bytes string ? and then dehash the string itself to get the password ?
this is so confusing
thanks for the help

-- Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm --

marrkuz wrote:Hey everyone,
here I am, I have an executable "file" named hash, and I found a 32 characters string also hash.
Opening that file in a texteditor did give me some info, like the type of hash, somewhere in the unreadable mess ...

The string is not recognised in any tools / online tools I have tried in any md format I tried.
At first, I only had the string... and read everywhere how I could get it done.
Unfortunately, cain is stuck at install in wine, I also have jonh and hashcat but I recognised my limitations on how to go about those, I did my best to gather information, but it's not very clear.

I read online that a hash file is a file that has been ciphered using a key ... so it's encrypted, in other words... so does it mean I am supposed to decypher it using the 32bytes string ? and then dehash the string itself to get the password ?
this is so confusing
thanks for the help

I am an idiot. I had it from the first try ... but when I saw ?:password_uncracked ... I didn't get that the ?: were not part of the answer...

all good now
Missions completed (updated 15-02-2020): (Points: 605)
Basic: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Realistic: 1,2, 3, 4, 5
marrkuz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by conscience on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:01 pm
([msg=101043]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

morbidios_666 wrote:hey i got the hash WITHHELD i guess it's WITHHELD, can someone get it decrypted cz cain and abel, and all other solutions didn't work for me :shock:

Seriously??? People were asked to not spoil the experience for others just a single page ago.
Even if it doesn't seem to be the right hash, this is sorta disrespectful to others. Please remove your spoilers.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by SoftDreamer on Thu May 07, 2020 6:43 pm
([msg=104182]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Of course it depends on hardware, but deducing from the length of the password in my case, cracking shouldn't take more than half an hour with any hash cracker on any pc. If it does, there are two things that might be wrong: hash type or hash itself. It was the latter for me. And thinking of it now, I kind of created this problem for myself. Just find the damn hash, that's my advice. Although I still don't understand what was the point of the first thing I took for hash.
SoftDreamer
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!