Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by conscience on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 am
([msg=100241]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

vapor_syndrome wrote:Please Help
i have tried to crack this hash for 2 days now.
I understand what a 'message digest' is and they types of encryption that surround it.
However, i have tried to crack this as an MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, LM, NTLM, I have tried all of the online resources, i have tried JTR, findmyhash, hashcat, hash_suite, crackstation but have been unable to crack this hash using brute force or wordlists, one of which has over 3 billion words.

Will someone please shine some light on what I am doing incorrectly? this shouldn't be this hard.

thanks in advance

Erm... How about the comments right above yours? :)
On the other hand, if none of what you mentioned worked, you probably made a mistake somewhere.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by marrkuz on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:47 am
([msg=100626]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hey everyone,
here I am, I have an executable "file" named hash, and I found a 32 characters string also hash.
Opening that file in a texteditor did give me some info, like the type of hash, somewhere in the unreadable mess ...

The string is not recognised in any tools / online tools I have tried in any md format I tried.
At first, I only had the string... and read everywhere how I could get it done.
Unfortunately, cain is stuck at install in wine, I also have jonh and hashcat but I recognised my limitations on how to go about those, I did my best to gather information, but it's not very clear.

I read online that a hash file is a file that has been ciphered using a key ... so it's encrypted, in other words... so does it mean I am supposed to decypher it using the 32bytes string ? and then dehash the string itself to get the password ?
this is so confusing
thanks for the help

-- Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm --

marrkuz wrote:Hey everyone,
here I am, I have an executable "file" named hash, and I found a 32 characters string also hash.
Opening that file in a texteditor did give me some info, like the type of hash, somewhere in the unreadable mess ...

The string is not recognised in any tools / online tools I have tried in any md format I tried.
At first, I only had the string... and read everywhere how I could get it done.
Unfortunately, cain is stuck at install in wine, I also have jonh and hashcat but I recognised my limitations on how to go about those, I did my best to gather information, but it's not very clear.

I read online that a hash file is a file that has been ciphered using a key ... so it's encrypted, in other words... so does it mean I am supposed to decypher it using the 32bytes string ? and then dehash the string itself to get the password ?
this is so confusing
thanks for the help

I am an idiot. I had it from the first try ... but when I saw ?:password_uncracked ... I didn't get that the ?: were not part of the answer...

all good now
Missions completed (updated 15-02-2020): (Points: 605)
Basic: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Realistic: 1,2, 3, 4, 5
marrkuz
New User
New User

Post by morbidios_666 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:41 pm
([msg=100997]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hey i got the hash 7a15f7f9de4732cd1cf940aadbcd1a7b i guess it's MD4, can someone get it decrypted cz cain and abel, and all other solutions didn't work for me :shock:
morbidios_666
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:01 pm
([msg=101043]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

morbidios_666 wrote:hey i got the hash WITHHELD i guess it's WITHHELD, can someone get it decrypted cz cain and abel, and all other solutions didn't work for me :shock:

Seriously??? People were asked to not spoil the experience for others just a single page ago.
Even if it doesn't seem to be the right hash, this is sorta disrespectful to others. Please remove your spoilers.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by BramLe on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:28 pm
([msg=101876]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

My hash is 1919ed6dd0b6951448cb8ff57b74fa4e and i am sure it is md4 can someone decrypt it for me because i have been looking after it for hours. I am on a debian, can this be the reason why things like john etc. not work for me?

-- Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 am --

BramLe wrote:My hash is 1919ed6dd0b6951448cb8ff57b74fa4e and i am sure it is md4 can someone decrypt it for me because i have been looking after it for hours. I am on a debian, can this be the reason why things like john etc. not work for me?

I found the answer myself, i installed kali linux and managed to decrypt the hash code with john. So don't waste your time on my question.
BramLe
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!