Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by conscience on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:44 am
([msg=98678]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

LucielSeven wrote:... I know what type of hash it is but I'm completely lost. ...

Are you absolutely positive about the hash type? We're dealing with a 'message digest' from 1990 here.
Since this is a very old and proven-to-be-weak one, I'd suggest trying a cracking tool rather than spending your time searching online.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by r4k0s_4 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:35 pm
([msg=98970]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I found the hash on the web in a minute, I thought I knew what kind of hash it was but that was my mistake, if you search more on the web you will find what kind of hash it is and it will be decrypt it in a minute :D
r4k0s_4
New User
New User

Post by Lewis_11 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:34 pm
([msg=99040]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hello, I found the hash and the hash type, the thing is that I'm not able to crack it by any means, I tryed online tools but also software as Hydra but neither of them return me any result.
Lewis_11
New User
New User

Post by BlackAngel77 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:28 pm
([msg=100048]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi everyone, I think I found the way to success the mission and a find this hash : 855489b23841e3e23893630a0487f644 which is written in the /lib that this is in MD4 but like many of you I just can't decrypt it. I tried online, with tool on kali Linux and software and impossible.. so if someone has a tip ? let me know please :idea: .
BlackAngel77
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 am
([msg=100079]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Dear everybody,

Please try to keep in mind that every one of us come here for learning and fun. Giving away key information that one is supposed to find out on their own spoils the whole thing and likely takes away the learning aspect too.
If by any chance you could refrain from posting spoilers, that'd be a really nice gesture towards the community.

Cheers,
con
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by elthrai1 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:20 pm
([msg=100154]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

OK so I found the hash, found the algorithm but i'm unable to crack the password with john and on some sites.

Do I have to provide some sort of a wordlist or whats the problem?
elthrai1
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 pm
([msg=100173]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

elthrai1 wrote:OK so I found the hash, found the algorithm but i'm unable to crack the password with john and on some sites.

Do I have to provide some sort of a wordlist or whats the problem?

Back in 200X I solved it with a Cain. According to Defience, the whole mission was designed around it.
My version of JTR (I mean the one apt-get threw at me) does not crack this type of hash - which is not what it looks like at first glance.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by elthrai1 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:17 pm
([msg=100175]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

conscience wrote:
Back in 200X I solved it with a Cain. According to Defience, the whole mission was designed around it.
My version of JTR (I mean the one apt-get threw at me) does not crack this type of hash - which is not what it looks like at first glance.

Well apparently Cain is only for Windows and I'm using Linux, I guess I'll need to install Windows on VM just to test it with Cain
elthrai1
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 am
([msg=100178]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

elthrai1 wrote:
conscience wrote:

Well apparently Cain is only for Windows and I'm using Linux, I guess I'll need to install Windows on VM just to test it with Cain

sudo apt-get install wine?
conscience
Poster
Poster

Previous

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!