Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

Post by Rastin on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:39 pm
([msg=93181]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

While I really enjoy this website and everything it offers I will say that this mission was somewhat infuriating. I got to the old site very quickly and also found where I could change the site back to the original. I even had the real answer within about 45 mins but spent about two days on this until I finally attempted a solution I had already submitted (minus accidentally hitting enter). It would be nice if there was some kind of input validation like removing the newline char. That stopped me from being able to complete this even with the "correct" answer just because I hit enter before submitting my solution.

Again great sight but that was super annoying. Wasted about two days when I had the correct answer all along.
Rastin
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by blehmeh98 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm
([msg=93341]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I feel like I have the solution on the tip of my tongue, but can't find it. I know plenty about the site and have read a billion posts where people knew the site like the back of their hand but couldn't complete the mission, and were told they were really overthinking it. Is that what I am doing, or do I not have enough info?
I would like to tell you everything I know about the site, but I don't want it to be marked as a spoiler, or begging.
What can I do?
blehmeh98
New User
New User

Post by PavelG on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 am
([msg=93345]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

XORMeBaby wrote:No commands. Just PLACEMENT syntax. If you are in /yabba/dabba/ and want to "Submit a poem" to just /yabba/, what would you put in front of it? Think Basic 8 but with out any extra garbage.

Struggled for 2 days. trying all sorts of things.. And honestly, wouldn't even think of this... at least for another day or 2 lol
Thank you!!! :D
PavelG
New User
New User

Post by blehmeh98 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 pm
([msg=93352]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

PavelG wrote:
XORMeBaby wrote:No commands. Just PLACEMENT syntax. If you are in /yabba/dabba/ and want to "Submit a poem" to just /yabba/, what would you put in front of it? Think Basic 8 but with out any extra garbage.

Struggled for 2 days. trying all sorts of things.. And honestly, wouldn't even think of this... at least for another day or 2 lol
Thank you!!! :D

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!
Thanks, man, I couldn't have done it without you! :)
blehmeh98
New User
New User

Post by bolo0 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 am
([msg=93393]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Hi, i was able to complete this mission, but i do not understand it.
Is there any experienced user available for PM?

-- Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:21 am --

bolo0 wrote:Hi, i was able to complete this mission, but i do not understand it.

I mean for further explanations!
Regards
bolo0
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:05 am
([msg=93402]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

bolo0 wrote:Hi, i was able to complete this mission, but i do not understand it.

-- Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:21 am --

I mean for further explanations!
Regards

You can contact me if you wish. I can't guarantee to get back quickly due to the network infrastructure @ my new job, but I'll try to do my best to help you.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Souly13 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm
([msg=93457]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Hey Ho, can I write someone a PM? I have some questions and dont want to post spoilers but get stucked a little bit.
Souly13
New User
New User

Post by aConvolutedConscious on Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 am
([msg=93657]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I was finally able to complete this mission after a few days of trying a myriad of different commands and modifying source code. I also learned more from this mission than any other...all from wrong turns, but I learned many new concepts non-the-less. As a result, I ended up installing Tor, Bash on Ubuntu on Windows, Telnet, Burp, USBWebServer V8, and a python script that turns any directory into a web server. I'll now be experimenting more with those. Not to mention a few FF add-ons.

Question: Why would anyone install firebug when Developer Tools will do everything it will do? Is there something that Firebug can do that the Developer Tools cannot?

I also got a "Error - Please contact site administrator" message when I tried to traverse into a certain directory. Not sure what that was about. Because when I closed all my tabs and came back to try again it said the directory wasn't there. :?:

Here's my tip: (and If it's a spoiler, please edit this post and forgive me.)
The only resources you need to complete this mission are the original peace poetry page and the page used to make submissions.
EDIT: You will need the hacked index page as well.

I am with the others that do not understand how the steps taken to complete this mission would in fact cause one file to over-write another. I would also like to see more of the back end to see whats going on, and make this experience a better learning one.
aConvolutedConscious
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 am
([msg=93673]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

aConvolutedConscious wrote:Question: Why would anyone install firebug when Developer Tools will do everything it will do? Is there something that Firebug can do that the Developer Tools cannot?

This is a rather old mission. It dates back to when Developer Tools didn't exist and the only convenient option - to my knowledge - was Firebug, although it could be solved without.

aConvolutedConscious wrote:I am with the others that do not understand how the steps taken to complete this mission would in fact cause one file to over-write another. I would also like to see more of the back end to see whats going on, and make this experience a better learning one.

Well, it is actually pretty straightforward to imagine once you have solved it. I think it is easy to explain as well, but I'd rather not spoil the fun for anyone (no rhymes intended).
You could maybe take a look at
file_put_contents and imagine how it can be used to reproduce the behavior.

Later missions will be way more educational.

I hope it helps at least a littlebit.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by lekman2017 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm
([msg=94053]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

well how do I get the software pls i really need your help :?
lekman2017
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED