Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

Post by heisenberg2546 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm
([msg=89747]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I don't know why, but absolutely no comments on the forum helped me solved this. Directory traversal is not all of it, you actually have to make it POST something (this is a clue)
heisenberg2546
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by twisizznl on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:19 am
([msg=89906]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

heisenberg2546 wrote:I don't know why, but absolutely no comments on the forum helped me solved this. Directory traversal is not all of it, you actually have to make it POST something (this is a clue)

This actually is the clue you need. Once you see it you facebrick yourself. It has to do with file names on a certain page and another thing on another certain page where you can type in stuff. As stated before: no commands needed. Think very basic.

If too much of a spoiler feel free to remove.
twisizznl
New User
New User

Post by anonymous501 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:45 am
([msg=89958]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

NOTE: the actual parameters for passing are very strict.
I spent two hours pondering why my solution wasn't working, then eventually just googled for a solution. I turned out it didn't work because I didn't submit the exact source code of the original website.
It may take me years, but I will learn, and I will do to you what you have done to the innocent

Unless you wipe yourselves out before that. You idiots.
anonymous501
New User
New User

Post by Th3bugs on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 am
([msg=90650]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

This Forum its the best place where you can find the tips and hints to solve the puzzle, i was cracking my mind off until i read through it carefully and find all i need to solve it. If you are stuck, take a careful look at it, it worked wonders for me...
;) :lol:
Th3bugs
New User
New User

Post by PortFondler on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:30 am
([msg=90660]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I'm not sure if this challenge was coded differently when it was first made compared to now, but I spent way too much time trying to figure this mission out because of the "guide". It tells you to think of basic 8 & 9 as a "hint". They involve SSI to traverse directories. This mission doesn't. It's simple HTML injection with some directory traversal but no SSI is involved.

Semi-related; Also, I found nothing wrong with the page, it looked fine to me. Sounds like the little girl is just being a whiny pussy, as liberals often tend to be. :)
..."Learn from people. Teach people. Do anything that will satiate your need to learn and keep you out of a cell at the same time.

The world is so much bigger than some person's inbox" ~Goatboy
PortFondler
New User
New User

Post by rxxl99 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 am
([msg=90681]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

hi there,
if this message "That isn't allowed weirdo" appears, does that mean i am on the right way?
rxxl99
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:38 am
([msg=90710]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

rxxl99 wrote:hi there,
if this message "That isn't allowed weirdo" appears, does that mean i am on the right way?

You're at least trying something to break the site. You could put things in that are not related to how to solve the challenge and still get that message.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by jitender786 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 am
([msg=90863]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Well this is my 2nd or 3rd post here and i would like to say that HTS is an amazing place to practise learn hacking. So now about mission, i want to say that i suck at it. I have read each and everything post here on forum, i learned directory traversal, i know about old index as well as where to inject code but i am soo much confused on how can i found directory where new poems are saving and where to use this traversal, in url or somewhere else. If you guys cant tell me here you can just pm me. please, this is now 2nd day and i am break my head into wall. God dammit. please help me
jitender786
New User
New User

Post by BasedLizardTitties on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:49 pm
([msg=90864]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Have you read the poems that are on the site already? Look there, and see if you notice anything interesting about the name of the poems and then think about where that is in relation to the old index file. You'll know when you're getting closer.
BasedLizardTitties
New User
New User

Post by zeta-1 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 pm
([msg=91010]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Wow I just found the solution after spending 1.5 hours trying some injections and stuff... And now I just want to bang my head against the wall with 30m momentum because the solution is so obvious.
Now that I know the solutions, the previous comments make sense, but I will try to help without spoiling...
Note: Poems will be stored online immediately but will not be listed on the main poetry page until it has a chance to be looked at.
is an important hint. Think about how the poem is stored, what is its name and its content.
2. Now that you figured it out, think about where it is stored.
Basic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)
Realistic: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)
Javascript: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
zeta-1
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED