Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fabianhjr on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 pm
([msg=52258]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:You don't understand HTML and web servers well enough. Go to w3schools.

The better answer is that he doesn't understand his browser well enough.

@kashy, if you are not using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox get them right now. When you edit a page it only affects your copy. When you are auditing a website you should take a look at all the inputs the server gets. In this case you are presented with a Rating system and the goal to make a band the best of all. The server gives you some options, with just one vote those options aren't enough, how could you add more wright to _your_ vote?
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by kashy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 pm
([msg=52264]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

fabianhjr wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:You don't understand HTML and web servers well enough. Go to w3schools.

@kashy, if you are not using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox get them right now. When you edit a page it only affects your copy. When you are auditing a website you should take a look at all the inputs the server gets. In this case you are presented with a Rating system and the goal to make a band the best of all. The server gives you some options, with just one vote those options aren't enough, how could you add more wright to _your_ vote?

i am using firefox. i have done his mission properly. im already on mission 4. i just want to know how to edit a page and let it be edited for ever. so whoever goes to that page will see the editing that i have done. iv tried searching for a way to this but cant find anything :(
kashy
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 pm
([msg=52265]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

kashy wrote:
fabianhjr wrote:

i am using firefox. i have done his mission properly. im already on mission 4. i just want to know how to edit a page and let it be edited for ever. so whoever goes to that page will see the editing that i have done. iv tried searching for a way to this but cant find anything :(

I've explained this so many times I just can't do it anymore. Use the search function.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by kashy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm
([msg=52268]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I've explained this so many times I just can't do it anymore. Use the search function.[/quote]

i cannot find the post where you explain it :(
kashy
New User
New User

Post by fabianhjr on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 pm
([msg=52270]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

This is an area called defacing. If you search it you will most likely find skiddie forums. To deface a website you normally have to identify a vulnerability such as RFI/LFI/Code Injection/Input Sanitation Failure/Rooting(Overflows, off by one, etc)/etc.

This is going a bit offtopic and would suggest to create a new threat if you really feel like having search for ages and have a specific question you might want the "community" to answer.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by kashy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 am
([msg=52287]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

fabianhjr wrote:This is an area called defacing. If you search it you will most likely find skiddie forums. To deface a website you normally have to identify a vulnerability such as RFI/LFI/Code Injection/Input Sanitation Failure/Rooting(Overflows, off by one, etc)/etc.

This is going a bit offtopic and would suggest to create a new threat if you really feel like having search for ages and have a specific question you might want the "community" to answer.

i will do that thanks alot !!
kashy
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:02 pm
([msg=52319]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

55 pages worth (so far) for this topic. Everything needed is within the first few pages. Let's try taking the time to start at the beginning and read. If you can't figure it out by the time you've read 55 pages worth, try another mission and then come back to this one. Don't over think it.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by hackensack on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:22 pm
([msg=52905]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I want to just use notepad and tried voting. when i do this it just internet explorer can not find the page. I think I have to do something with the relative path or absolute path can some one help me out.

Edited by Defience
hackensack
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:12 pm
([msg=52908]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hackensack wrote:I want to just use notepad and tried voting. when i do this it just internet explorer can not find the page. I think I have to do something with the relative path or absolute path can some one help me out.

Edited by Defience

See my post above yours.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by AndyStar on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 pm
([msg=53480]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Note: If your one of those people that is saying that it wont work then look closer. If it directs you to the normal HTS page but its blank try clicking the little "Go On" symbol!
AndyStar
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review