Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by OnlyHuman on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 am
([msg=50910]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Carverk99 wrote:Couple concerns: I've made the band appear to be the top band. My question is, is there a "Congratz" pop-up or is this just a self judgment kind exercise? If not I'd like to know what I need to look at for acknowledgment! Besides changing the header and desc. I have not changed anything else! Help plz, new to hacking and programming but damn is it fun!

Yes, you'll get a mission complete message when you've solved the challenge. I think you might be over thinking things though. There's no need to change the header. I guess you can if you want. Just make sure you change it correctly. Your attention should be focused on a single variable. The rest of the header is irrelevant.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Carverk99 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 am
([msg=50911]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

OnlyHuman wrote:
Carverk99 wrote:Couple concerns: I've made the band appear to be the top band. My question is, is there a "Congratz" pop-up or is this just a self judgment kind exercise? If not I'd like to know what I need to look at for acknowledgment! Besides changing the header and desc. I have not changed anything else! Help plz, new to hacking and programming but damn is it fun!

Yes, you'll get a mission complete message when you've solved the challenge. I think you might be over thinking things though. There's no need to change the header. I guess you can if you want. Just make sure you change it correctly. Your attention should be focused on a single variable. The rest of the header is irrelevant.

Could you explain to me what a variable is? Pretty sure that refers to a number lol but I'd like to hear a definition from someone who knows it and can explain it differently than a generic definition. I've changed the avg vote display now too to a number higher than the second place and nothing still.
Carverk99
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:16 pm
([msg=50959]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

A variable is something a programmer leaves open to allow things such as user input. You can also google "programming variable."

Try exaggerating how you are boosting the avg.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Carverk99 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 am
([msg=50972]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:A variable is something a programmer leaves open to allow things such as user input. You can also google "programming variable."

Try exaggerating how you are boosting the avg.


Got it :D Your definition helped as well as yer hint giving me that boost. Thanks!
Carverk99
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by thedavidwilli on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:40 am
([msg=51153]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

It was so extremely easy...
without using firebug or something

Don't post spoilers or step-by-step guides. Thank you.
-Insomaniacal
thedavidwilli
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fr33g on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 am
([msg=51730]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

thedavidwilli wrote:It was so extremely easy...
without using firebug or something

Don't post spoilers or step-by-step guides. Thank you.
-Insomaniacal



Yes I'm all in your opinion. It is so easy without firebug or javascript:-P
fr33g
New User
New User
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by capedebo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:34 pm
([msg=51985]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

OK guys, I have done this.. Let me make it clear and think!

[Spoiler Removed] -- Goatboy

Now, no need to ask more question cause I already make it very very clear
capedebo
New User
New User
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 am
([msg=51992]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Too clear. That's basically a walkthrough.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Realistic 1

Post by kashy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 pm
([msg=52247]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

Crystal_Bearer wrote:Now, I don't want to sound new at this, but I can easily change the website so that it looks just the way I want it to. The problem is: that's all I can do. Once I refresh, or leave, it goes back to normal (as it probably should so others can do it). If the challange were real, though, you'd want it to stay modified. Nothing happens when I've changed it thoroughly to tell me that I've succeeded. Am I missing something, or do I just get the wonderful feeling that I've done it?


hey dude
did you figure out how to do this. iv been trying everything and i really want to know how to edit a page and let be edited after i refresh.

please hep
kashy
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:26 pm
([msg=52255]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

You don't understand HTML and web servers well enough. Go to w3schools.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests