Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by 208697 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 am
([msg=37475]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

i know how to do this mission and i have tamperdata for firefox, and i know what i must do with tamper data but my problem is i am unsure how to use this addon, would anyone be willing to send me a private message with a tip or two?
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:22 pm
([msg=37498]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

208697 wrote:i know how to do this mission and i have tamperdata for firefox, and i know what i must do with tamper data but my problem is i am unsure how to use this addon, would anyone be willing to send me a private message with a tip or two?

I've sent you a private message.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Defience on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm
([msg=37529]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

208697 wrote:i know how to do this mission and i have tamperdata for firefox, and i know what i must do with tamper data but my problem is i am unsure how to use this addon, would anyone be willing to send me a private message with a tip or two?

Take a look at this link:
A Beginner's Starter Guide
Tamperdata is included in it.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by sumusiko on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:11 am
([msg=38244]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Guys how to use firebug to change the SOURCE ??or how to do that notepad thing? ik a part but when i change it and press vote it gives me error :S
sumusiko
New User
New User

Post by Niwo on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:03 pm
([msg=38308]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

sumusiko wrote:Guys how to use firebug to change the SOURCE ??or how to do that notepad thing? ik a part but when i change it and press vote it gives me error :S

If you haven't done already, I highly suggest you to read the beginnerguide. It can be found under 'Articles', and it will teach you how to edit the source of the site. If you still need help after reading the guide, tell us what you are doing and we can perhaps push you in the right direction.
Niwo
New User
New User

Post by leckan on Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 am
([msg=38373]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I understand everything in the new beginners guide up to the part where you use the notepad. I have copied all the HTML text from the page and pasted it in notepad and saved it as "uncle.html" and "all files" as said there, and when I open it it doesn't go to the website (http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/1/) I get "file:///C:/Users/Alec/Documents/uncle.html" as the address in the address bar instead.

If this is supposed to happen then I don't know what I am supposed to do on next step with the cookies. I've got firebug and web developer, when I click "cookie information" am I supposed to do this when on unedited http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/1/ or my file:///C:/Users/Alec/Documents/uncle.html ? When I tried using the javascript address while looking at cookie information (there were plenty of cookies) I just got this, so I kinda ditched it;

Instead I went back to the http://www.hackthissite.org/missions/realistic/1/ where i used the javascript address instead and get a very long text in the popup, but then we're supposed to change the javascript address according to the guide, when I do that I still get the exact same information as I got with the first javascript address.

Help would be cool, send me a PM if you don't wish to give others too many hints :lol:

Hope I didn't reveal anything, all I said in this post is said in the guide as well and I just say what I did wrong compared with the guide.
leckan
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 am
([msg=38726]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

leckan wrote:Help would be cool, send me a PM if you don't wish to give others too many hints :lol:

It's not that big deal, dude ;) BTW the PM is on its way
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 am
([msg=38727]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Think about how when you click on a rating it sends the correct number to be calculated. So, try to figure out how to push he right rating high enough.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Crazknot on Tue May 18, 2010 3:21 pm
([msg=38765]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Okay so I used Firebug to change Raging Inferno to the top, and then I undid it and tried to do it again, but Firebug won't let me change the words in the html anymore. Do I need to redownload Firebug or something? Thanks.
Crazknot
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm
([msg=38769]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

You're going the wrong direction in this mission. Firebug edits what you see on the screen, not what is actually on the server.

Look for ways in which you could get the correct band to the top.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review