Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Realistic 1

Post by h0und on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:28 am
([msg=1714]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

For those of us who are doing the exercise for the first time (I'm using the same method which I used 2 years ago on another account and should work) there's no output after we send the right data.

Looks broken to me.. oh well. :|

And by the way, don't be such script kiddies and do it the man way, not with a piece of software.

What's odd is that these days this form validates with GET, when it used to use POST, so it's much easier to do because just changing the url a bit gets the job done, but doesn't work as I belive the script is broken.
h0und
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by purple_pixie on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:47 am
([msg=1718]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

Downloading & editing a page is actually a lot of hassle.

I know men, I mean I am one, so I should ...
And "The man way" is, imho, to avoid as much work as possible.

The "purist" way might be to do it yourself, but the "man way" is most certainly using something to do it for you.

I totally agree that you should know how to do it without any tools, but the tool recommended is highly useful, and not to be sniffed at.

But hey, if you use the tool and don't know how it works you're only cheating yourself.
purple_pixie
New User
New User

Post by Sethenjore on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:18 pm
([msg=1734]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

i dunno, Ive never used firebug or anything like that, but imo, it makes it harder. I have to learn what the software is doing and crap like that when I know what Im doing without it.. I still dont see how it helps..

and for everyone getting error messages, try looking at where you are sending your values to.
Sethenjore
New User
New User

Post by c24lightning on Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:58 pm
([msg=1759]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

Sethenjore wrote:i dunno, Ive never used firebug or anything like that, but imo, it makes it harder. I have to learn what the software is doing and crap like that when I know what Im doing without it.. I still dont see how it helps..

and for everyone getting error messages, try looking at where you are sending your values to.

If you know what certain addons do, and you do it a lot, you can save time by using them.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Post by ghostintheshell on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:03 pm
([msg=1810]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

I am not the brightest person here, but I doubt I am too stupid to know how this should work. Given that I changed certain values via different methods including the URL (it is a get request), javascript, firebug, and my own html... I am guessing something is broken somewhere. Could one of you who has done this the "right" way check to see if it is indeed not acting the way it is intended and post a reply here? It would put my little brain at ease. Otherwise this task is harder than it looks and maybe I should give up.
ghostintheshell
New User
New User

Post by s0c0 on Thu May 01, 2008 5:36 am
([msg=1828]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

This thing doesn't work you don't need any of the add-on crap. Simply understanding how a GET works, PHP programmers should recognize $_GET and then looking at the page that is "getting" the data, and setting the values you want should "hack" this page. Instead I get a blank page. I am 99% sure I understand what I am talking about right now, so this one is broke.
s0c0
New User
New User

Post by novalyphe on Thu May 01, 2008 7:26 am
([msg=1833]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

Well whenever i press vote. Regardless of any changes or even before i make any. I get the message telling me I have already done it, so I agree that this may well be down.
novalyphe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Ghost9863 on Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 am
([msg=1838]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

i don't have vote.php i have v.php how do I do it?
Ghost9863
New User
New User

Post by Mulambo on Thu May 01, 2008 4:30 pm
([msg=1871]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

Tried every single way to finish this. Only leading to a hts start page with nothing in the middle. Seems broken too :s
Mulambo
New User
New User

Post by Lazzura on Sat May 03, 2008 2:26 pm
([msg=1990]see Re: Realistic 1[/msg])

I don't know whats going on but when i change the value of the 5 to 100 on the Raging Inferno, and i vote i get taken to the real site and it says nothing about completing the mission? any suggestions.
Lazzura
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review