What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?

What is the nature of existence?

Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?

Post by Heath Winchester on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:15 pm
([msg=21783]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

The above are most likely remarks of uneducated youth, overexposure to propaganda, or any of the other ails that could make you think in such a contorted fashion. I appreciate contribution to the topic at hand, but I'd much appreciate it if you were to explicate your ideas. We could of course, turn this into a flame war, in which case I'd like to propose that we sue each other under our own laws. Anything that you say against me will be tried under the law of your country, and anything that I say against you will be tried under the law of the United States. Good luck. (I see that Charlieace lives in the US; I kindly suggest that you go read a book, or do something other than listen to your liberal teachers at school or the media that is brainwashing you. Please, I sincerely mean that >.<)

Ha! I liked reading that part it made me laugh. ;)

I actually agree with what you say about guns. I see what you mean. I really didn't accentuate on what I mean much. I wish that citizens were not allowed to carry concealed handguns mostly because of my views on people. I consider most people to not even be remotely intelligent enough to handle a weapon. But that's the elitist in me talking. It's basically wishful thinking. I understand how important the right to bear arms is though. If I had the power, I would not take away the right to carry a concealed weapon. I just have concerns about the ethics and sophistication of the human race. I was on a rant in my last post.

When you are standing in Washington, protesting the government, and the tanks break down the barricades, with soldiers rushing out of their APC's, armed and ready, what are you going to do to defend your right? You sure as hell better be armed.

I think that if this happened we would already be in a dire predicament and the US would be much different than it is now. We would no longer have weapons haha. But it's a moot point on my end because that's not the way things are yet.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Possumdude0 on Thu May 14, 2009 8:26 pm
([msg=23738]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

To carry a concealed deadly weapon, I must never have been commited to am mental institution, and I must pass an eight hour course that focuses mostly on having good accuracy. While I support the right to bear arms, I also feel that any responsible citizen should become very proficient with a weapon before he starts carrying it around. He should know when to use it and have the discipline to not use it when it isn't appropriate.

I know people who would gun someone down for cutting them off in traffic. When I was a child a woman was shot and killed in my hometown because she carried twelve items into the ten items or less line at a store. So obviously there are people out there who should not be carrying around a deadly weapon. The problem is that we have no good way of restricting their access to weapons without restricting the access of honest, law-abiding citizens.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by AtlasDark on Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 pm
([msg=23742]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

A shame that, in lieu of licensing and relevant laws/proceeds, deaths induced by the misuse of firearms is still rather prevalent, and the illegal sale of such arms is not going to be stemmed - if the people are to be disarmed by the federal government, this will only provoke a greater response.

To relate, I present the acts attempting to outlaw liquor in the early 80's (or was it 90's?) - it only caused people to become creative and encouraged illegal distribution. Whether or not we acknowledge the right to bear arms, there are those (nonsavory or otherwise) who will have the desire to own one for whatever reason.
AtlasDark
Poster
Poster

Post by Possumdude0 on Tue May 19, 2009 5:31 am
([msg=23922]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

I present the acts attempting to outlaw liquor in the early 80's (or was it 90's?)

The only attempts to outlaw liquor that I know of (in the U.S.), was back in the 20's.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Delaney12 on Sun May 18, 2014 4:44 pm
([msg=80816]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

I like being able to think what I want to think and do as I want to do. It is very liberating.
Delaney12
New User
New User

Post by dance on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 am
([msg=92801]see Re: What's your opinions on Free Will and Free Speech?[/msg])

Free will is the personal ability to make a choice. It's limited by the laws of nature.
Freedom of speech refers to speak freely without censorship. And this ability may controlled by political/social/cultural restrictions.
dance
New User
New User

Previous

Return to General