Concealed carry

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Concealed carry

Post by conscience on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 am
([msg=53905]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:
neuromanta wrote:To be honest, even a little knife can be very dangerous in close fight, if it's sharp, and used correctly. Once I've seen someone using a sharp edged coin as a weapon, and causing serious wounds. So it's not about size... if you see a knife in the hands of your enemy, it's better to run, believe me. Once my master said (who does wing tsun for 18 years now), that he has approx. 50% for survival, if he fights against an enemy with a knife, with bare hands... and he is practicing against knives very much.

Umm, no. Just no.
First of all, almost any martial arts fighter *including navy seals, army, any military* vs. a punk ass pot smoking druggy with a knife will be able to disarm him and win. Your master must be horrible, or extremely old and cannot fight anymore. American military personal are very well trained, and can probably kick any punk on the street with a knife's ass.

I guess you are watching too much movies. :D

Well, the Knight Industries Two Thousand is likely to disarm just anybody around with ease. Also, your ultrasoldier will never be able to win against a Chuck Norris (or several ones) with a knife (or even with a hot dog).

Being a hacker involves getting informed before taking any action (e.g. forming an opinion). Sounds familiar, doesn't it, huh? ;)
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 am
([msg=53962]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:If that means a nut shut, I'll do it.

Shutting nuts is definitely a great defensive tactic.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by conscience on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 am
([msg=53981]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Goatboy wrote:If that means a nut shut, I'll do it.

Shutting nuts is definitely a great defensive tactic.

Nut Shut for president :)
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Vulpine on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 am
([msg=53985]see Re: Concealed carry[/msg])

I'm all for the right to carry concealed arms. The only times that I would consider barring this would be in cases of either a) violent crimes on one's record, or b) mental instability.

I don't recall the study off-hand but about ten years ago someone found that cops have about an 11% chance to accidentally shoot an innocent civilian. Armed private citizens? About 2%. The crime rates in Texas even took a noticeable dive when they legalized concealed weapons.

Robert A. Heinlein wrote:An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Previous

Return to Ethics