Racist Website

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Racist Website

Post by comperr on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 pm
([msg=5196]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Personally I think this quote of Evelyn Beatrice Hall's sums it up
Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by nermd on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 am
([msg=5333]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

I don't consider fascism, racism or sexism as an "opinion", i consider it as a real danger to the lives of people, thus i will fight against it wherever possible (on the street, on the net, in my family).

freedom, love and anarchy
nermd
With this world there is no understanding, we belong their only to the extent, as we rebel against it (Theodor W. Adorno) --> if somebody knows a "official" translation for the well known german quote ... pls let me know!
nermd
New User
New User

Post by DINN on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 am
([msg=5822]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

This is a great forum to read after the "ethics" forums now I will not try and say any of you all are right or wrong. Becuase only each one of you can truly deside that. what I will say is that there are people that think hating racist websites and such is just as bad as the hate they represent. But hay I could burn down there house and sleep well at night. I ask you, could all of you? Becuase first its the website then what do you do to take your fight to the next level. I see the web as a play ground for all to injoy if one man wishes to destroy a website so be it after a little time that site is back up so do it if that is what you want.
DINN
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:26 pm
([msg=6570]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

There should be no censorship. If I believe that black people are stupid (I don't, by the way) then I should be allowed to say that and then be totally disproven with factual arguments. Racism is not based on facts.

Now is it ethical to hack them? Well I say so, yes.
It's a form of protesting - should we be allowed to parade anti-war banners through the streets?
I say "GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!"*.
:D

(* Hypothetically, of course ;))
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by coldghost213 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:06 am
([msg=6685]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

blackprince491 wrote:I dont think tis right ether. its a hate crime

Anything can be a hate crime in ones eyes.
*Thinks to self "I sure hope this doesn't get deleted nor get me banned because I love this website ^_^''"*

If I said George Bush sucks, would that entitle me as a criminal for hating george bush? No

If I said that all Black, or blue-eyed people are the scums of the earth would that entitle me as a criminal? If I said that I might be my ass handed down to me for insulting you and/or your family, but shouldn't be a crime (nor should the man who kicked your ass be arrested cause of the insult)

If I said to kill those mother fucking fags THAT should be the only reason why I'd call it a hate crime and that would only be because of the intent to murder someone.

All humans think of the world as neutral from the time they're born. People can not judge what they haven't "sensed" if that's the best word to describe it. If you do not know what a homo is, you can not hate homos unless someone you are affiliated with someone who already judged the homos for you. If through your life you have a father who was in the KKK or just hates African Americans talked about how bad they are and how they will screw your life up, it is more likely that you will hate African Americans based on what your father told you.

You could also in the later part of your life been in a situation where a group of people pesters you continuously and/or send you in a predicament where you won't forget them (aka a near death situation) and you notice that they have a physical feature that they all have could also cause you to hate a certain group of people.

None of us aren't perfect; we are not god nor immortals, only humans.
coldghost213
New User
New User

Post by TWilli1777 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 am
([msg=7167]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

free·dom: the quality or state of being free; the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action
free: not obstructed, restricted, or impeded

Regardless of your feelings on racism, you can't simply say "Hey! That's not Freedom of Speech, because it's wrong!" YOU think it's wrong, and your own freedom of speech allows you to express that. But, obviously, not everyone thinks that way, or there would be no imaginary website which is the basis to this thread. So should your shit be 'hacked' for promoting racial equality? No? Why? Playing the Devil's advocate, from the side of a racist, using the same exact thought process as some of you, saying, oh, I don't know, "Mexicans are NOT lazy," or, "Black people are NOT uneducated criminals," or whatever it may be, is just as wrong as, what you feel, racism is. "Hey! That's not Freedom of Speech! Mexicans ARE lazy! I'm going to hack your facebook and cleanse the internet of this filth!"

It is no different.

By saying "it isn't free speech because it's a hate crime" or whatever... thats like saying "You are free to do whatever you like! ...as long as I approve it first." Double Standard.

Would it be ethical to hack a racist site? Well, for what reason? Because you don't like them? No. That would be the oppression of the same rights that allow you to wear that stupid Hello, Kitty shirt to the mall, or for this site to be in existence.
However, as with anything, there are exceptions. Like, maybe the racists are morons and have a nice long list of who is getting lynched or whatever, and you know that this list exists. Ethical to remove that list and contact those on it, or what have you? I'd say so. But that goes for just about anything, not just a racist website.

Enough rambling.
TWilli1777
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:22 am
([msg=7168]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Say I put on the internet a site that says something like "I think that all black people are stupid, I really don't like them" then that is freedom of speech.
Saying "BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD DIE, THEY ARE SCUM, GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY GO BACK TO THE SEWERS" is promoting racial hatred.
I say that hacking can be a form of protesting. Go for it.
In fact, I'd be interested to have the link to this website (by PM please) just to see what it is like (nothing illegal).
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wellsc on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:25 pm
([msg=7575]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

So incredibly complicated. On one hand, it's freedom of speech, if we deny them the right to be racist, we are telling them what to believe, and how can we ethically do that? However, do they deserve to do this? Do they deserve to get hacked? Could you say hacking a racist site is standing up for your beliefs? It's vigilante justice.
wellsc
New User
New User

Post by wellsc on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:31 pm
([msg=7578]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

In the end, I say hack em, take down those scum!
wellsc
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 pm
([msg=7580]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

wellsc wrote:In the end, I say hack em, take down those scum!

Yep.
If they want to hack us, then.. er.. go for it. But could you please fill in a bug report and not interfere with the running of the website? Thanks.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics