Question about this website

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Question about this website

Post by Nv09876 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 am
([msg=14598]see Question about this website[/msg])

I came across this website by a news link. Supposidly the guy wants to out those with STD's mostly because he himself got Herpes from a girl in college. So now he is a webmaster of a database full of people with various STD's. I understand some may have different views on this.

The thing is there are privacy laws and he gloats about his site doing a good service. While I wouldn't want to get infected with a disease there are ethics involved with medical confidentiality. Not to mention were talking about possible libel lawsuits So here's where it gets unethical say someone doesn't like you or wants revenge they can post you on this website true or not and to get off it you have to submit your medical records.

Anyways nuff said check it out and tell me what you think.

Site
http://www.stdcarriers.com/Default.aspx

Newfeeds
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/k ... 5ddfb.html
Nv09876
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Question about this website

Post by Tek-E on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 am
([msg=17670]see Re: Question about this website[/msg])

Honestly I have two opinions.............
My first opinion is that this guy needs to grow up. Yes STD's are a terrible thing but......people should be smart enough to get themselves checked and be responsible to have their partners checked. It may not be fun having to ask for them to be checked...but its our responsibility to protect ourselves. This website is just an excuse for him to take out his anger on others with STD's because he decided to make some dumb decisions while in college. His fault. Not whoevers gave it to him.

My second opinion is that I beleive in free speech. I dont feel that people should be censored from posting / saying anything at all. I think that he has every right to post whatever he wants on his website wether it is hurtful to others or not. I honestly disagree with what he is doing. But just because I dont like it doesnt mean that I am going to change my opinion that he is entitled to free speech.
Tek-E
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Ethics