Hacking Laws

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Hacking Laws

Post by nosidius on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 pm
([msg=11229]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

he brings a valid problem up to the plate, and where do you draw the line of privacy? if it's something that is publicly open, they usually let you have it anyway.

now, hacking something to make it free........ if you don't mass distribute/ give it to someone, then thats more of a dependent in my opinion at least...........
give me knowledge or give me death
User avatar
nosidius
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by ajrolfs3 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:14 pm
([msg=11458]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

Thank you for the compliment; I think that this is a very important discussion that effects all of hackerdom. I think that the concept of Hacktivism is largely at fault for so many of the problems with former admins and such crashing HackThisSite. I think that Hacktivism is illegal and only should be done when you are willing to be jailed/die for the cause (Rosa Parks comes to mind). I think that there though could be legal "hacktivism"; one example of that to me would be Google Earth, a program that incorporated publicly available satelite imagery into a very powerful tool for the dispersion of information. What do you guys think of hacktivism?

Ajrolf3
ajrolfs3
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by pompalomp2 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:02 am
([msg=11478]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:
43635 wrote:i dont need ethic cause ia ma leet hacker and i hak stuff cause i fell like it.

43635 [now fixed] wrote:I don't need ethics because I'm an elite hacker and i hack stuff because i feel like it.


Now let's disprove that:

43635 wrote:i dont know i dont get basic 1 its too hard.

43635 wrote:wats a system user?

43635 wrote:how do you make virus i wanna make one cause im a hacker and i do tthat leet stuff bbut i dont know hoe to make a virus so please help me out becuase i wanna spread it around and delete peoples hard compter disc.

43635 wrote:i ahck stuff cause im leet so i dont care bout password.

43635 wrote:how mak free calls on another person phone? I wanna make a call on my nebors pone and mak a long distanse call to astraiia and stuf.

43635 wrote:how do i hak a web site slike gogle or yahoo cause im leet adn i wanna put stuff on site nad write "43635 was heere!"
So anyone tel me how to hak a web ssite?



This is the kind of person who annoys the hell out of me but cracks me up at the same time.
I'm all for hacking as long as it is legal, but what annoys me is people who want to make malware. Serioulsy there are people out there, (not me yet), who spend a huge amount of their free time helping people fix problems on their computers which have been caused by malware. Here is one example of a site with people like this http://icrontic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

There is a guy on their called "Katana" he is almost always their willing to help anyone who has a problem. Not only does he have own life,family friends,job but he is willing to use the precious free time he gets when he's not working to help others. He also does it all for free, he does not expect a salary or a reward he just wants to help people.

I have been trying to learn how to deal with malware related problems at the Malware removal university and it is not easy. I have been there for 3 months and i am still learning about different types of malware. because their are so many, you have to be willing to devote huge amount of your time to learning how to remove them.

I have seen the worse side of what malware can do. You get people posting who have had to spend hunderds of pounds to get their computers fixed only to get them infected again. You get people who's whole network has been infected by one nasty little trojan.downloader. You get peope who are literally in tears because they have lost precious family photos or lost important work. The sad thing of it is, is that some of these problems are caused by people who think it's cool to say "i have created a virus" but have no idea what kind of affect it can cause.

I would like to think that all of the people who come to this site are looking to learn about hacking for a good reason. Sadly that's not true there are just some people who want to wreak havoc and some people who just want to look cool but don't realise their concequences of their actions.

Sorry if i have rambled on a bit but this is somthing that i feel very strongly about.

Finally i would just like to say that i agree completely with whoever said that "information should be free and available to everyone".

Regards,

Pompalomp
Pompalomp
pompalomp2
New User
New User
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by Celestus on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:15 am
([msg=11558]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

To Pompalomp,

Your post was very nice written. Thank you! I feel the same about such Users.

Celestus
Celestus
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by nosidius on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:04 am
([msg=11594]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

i agree, malware is a B**** with no place in the world, it is designed to cause anarchy in your computers, and unfortunately computers by the very essence of what they are are going to get infected, because you can't just wall yourself off and expect to be able to do anything.

unfortunately not everyone realizes this, and feels the need to hurt people........... unless you've been asked to do so, don't, or if you have a valid cause (not just because you feel like doing so)

however, as you stated, people don't realize what they're doing, and from there......... well, it's not pretty

and that guy deserves a medal, he's what a "hero" is supposed to be, he juggles everything, and still helps people when he can, even though he could charge hundreds of dollars, he chooses to do it freely. as i said, they guy deserves a medal, and maybe someone could learn something from him and do the damn right thing instead of hurting people, there's a boundary between harmless and harmful, and people have crossed it, which is a serious problem
give me knowledge or give me death
User avatar
nosidius
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by xnickpyrox on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:11 pm
([msg=12122]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

The way i see it ....hacking is ...like nerd power... and if theres any people that pick on us physically ...we mess them up mentally....legally ;) but i believe in the quote " If hacking is illegal than the right to know should be too" dont get your hands dirty and you wont need to wash them off haha... Question what happens when someone attacks you...do the ethics go out the window...or is it right to take it like a man
xnickpyrox
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by TheMindRapist on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
([msg=12124]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

xnickpyrox wrote:The way i see it ....hacking is ...like nerd power... and if theres any people that pick on us physically ...we mess them up mentally....legally ;) but i believe in the quote " If hacking is illegal than the right to know should be too" dont get your hands dirty and you wont need to wash them off haha... Question what happens when someone attacks you...do the ethics go out the window...or is it right to take it like a man


Wtf, most retarded post I've seen today.
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by Electra on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:51 pm
([msg=12138]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

have to agree with you. totally fucked up. wtf is he thinking?!
MAY YOU REAP THAT WHICH YOU SOW
Electra
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 am
([msg=12235]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

Electra wrote:have to agree with you. totally fucked up. wtf is he thinking?!


Maybe he's the world's most l33t h4x0r and we are just not intelligent enough to understand the deeper meaning behind his words... Then again maybe not...

Moving on, this is a really interesting discussion and apart from a few posts there has been some valuable input from various members which really got me thinking... Thanks a lot guys! (If there are any girls, thanks to you too ,I meant no offence just doubt it.)

Considering all that's been said, I've added a third rule to my set...

3. Never hack where a hack is not deserved...
(i.e. when a "l33t hacker" asks for your IP and you reply with 127.0.0.1 and he starts up his "l33t tools" against that IP...
Just leave him alone...)
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Hacking Laws

Post by ajrolfs3 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:33 am
([msg=12353]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

Finarfin Palantir wrote:
Electra wrote:have to agree with you. totally fucked up. wtf is he thinking?!

Considering all that's been said, I've added a third rule to my set...
3. Never hack where a hack is not deserved...
(i.e. when a "l33t hacker" asks for your IP and you reply with 127.0.0.1 and he starts up his "l33t tools" against that IP...
Just leave him alone...)


I understand that this is a new rule for yourself but could you please explain in more detail what you mean by "deserved"? I think that most if not all of us can agree malware is expressly illegal and wrong; but what about the use of hacktivism? Where is the line drawn in self-defense, is there a reason behind the laws that we should obey? It seems to me like we are forced to look at one of the basic ethics questions: "where do we get our principles/foundations"? Are we blindly going to obey the nation's laws, or will we do any arbitrary thing we want to? I think that there is such a thing as hacking that is legal (i.e. self-defense or helping someone who actually owns the server and has been hacked...), but is there a time for hacktivism? What do you guys think?

ajrolfs3
ajrolfs3
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Ethics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests