Hacking Laws

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Hacking Laws

Post by thedotmaster on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:39 am
([msg=10966]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

ajrolfs3 wrote:I also wonder at the hacker tenant that all information should and even must be free. Should nuclear secrets be free? Where is the line drawn on information; is personal information information that should be free?

The hacker ethics are very idealistic. For example, they believe that there should be no security - no locks and no passwords. However, this cannot happen and they accept this. So what one must do is place those ideals into a real world scenario whenever that is possible.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by ajrolfs3 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm
([msg=11004]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote: So what one must do is place those ideals into a real world scenario whenever that is possible.

Agreed, so the question is how do we place these hacker ethics into the real world? How far is far enough; do we hack any site that has hidden information, do we respect other people's servers just because the server's are "there's"? Isn't that what the whole discussion is about? So where do you think we should draw the line?
ajrolfs3
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thedotmaster on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:29 pm
([msg=11007]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

We draw the line at damage. We draw the line when we destruct things, or make a profit from it.
Hack for fun, don't destroy things.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thedotmaster on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm
([msg=11008]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

43635 wrote:i dont need ethic cause ia ma leet hacker and i hak stuff cause i fell like it.

43635 [now fixed] wrote:I don't need ethics because I'm an elite hacker and i hack stuff because i feel like it.

Now let's disprove that:

43635 wrote:i dont know i dont get basic 1 its too hard.

43635 wrote:wats a system user?

43635 wrote:how do you make virus i wanna make one cause im a hacker and i do tthat leet stuff bbut i dont know hoe to make a virus so please help me out becuase i wanna spread it around and delete peoples hard compter disc.

43635 wrote:i ahck stuff cause im leet so i dont care bout password.

43635 wrote:how mak free calls on another person phone? I wanna make a call on my nebors pone and mak a long distanse call to astraiia and stuf.

43635 wrote:how do i hak a web site slike gogle or yahoo cause im leet adn i wanna put stuff on site nad write "43635 was heere!"
So anyone tel me how to hak a web ssite?

43635 wrote:WAT IS A CRYPTO I DUNTO WAT A CRYPTO IS.

This guy cracks me up. He's so leet but he doesn't know what "a crypto" is. Lolololololol.
This has literally made my day, seriously, read this guys past forum posts:
search.php?author_id=17933&sr=posts
ahehe...
So leet, oh so leet.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thedotmaster on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:02 pm
([msg=11045]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

43635[fixed] wrote:How do you get little boxes around my words?

See what I mean?

You use the quote tag.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nosidius on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am
([msg=11069]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

43635=retard

i'm sorry man, but you're just stupid, half of hacking is discretion...... and i'm afraid you have broken every law of discretion there is! (and a few i didn't even know they were so basic!!!!)

and wtf, why do you wanna ever spread a virus? that IS damage, and it is a real problem (plus people will hack UR ass too)

grow up and get a life, hacking isn't for you, as you have well displayed
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by -0mega- on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:15 am
([msg=11107]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:This guy cracks me up. He's so leet but he doesn't know what "a crypto" is. Lolololololol.
This has literally made my day, seriously, read this guys past forum posts:
search.php?author_id=17933&sr=posts
ahehe...
So leet, oh so leet.

And here I was, answering to his Crypto post because I thought he was just a random one post wonder.. :lol:
Those quotes are hilarious though xD.

So this thread is about Ethical hacker laws right?

Then I have a question for you.

If you hack a site with hidden info, when do *you* consider yourself to be ''damaging'' the site/company/whatever?

o When you modify ANYTHING?
o When you remove password requirements for directories / accounts?
o When you publish the details somewhere available to the public so people can actively seek the page / exploit out?
o When you yourself steal / destroy data / deface / whatever?
-0mega-
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 am
([msg=11114]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

o When you modify ANYTHING? Yu-huh
o When you remove password requirements for directories / accounts? Yu-huh
o When you publish the details somewhere available to the public so people can actively seek the page / exploit out? See below
o When you yourself steal / destroy data / deface / whatever? Yu-huh

Publishing information (passwords etc.) is damaging. Publishing full disclosure of an vulnerability on their website is also damaging. Publishing full disclosure of a vulnerability in a certain piece of software that they happen to use is fine. Publishing full disclosure of a vulnerability after reporting this to them and they haven't responded/fixed the exploit or they say it isn't an exploit or they give you permission to publish the exploit after a certain number of days - that is also fine.
Basically, saying "google.com" has a vuln at "google.com/ff/s.php?file=whatever" is damaging. Saying there is a buffer overflow exploit on the web framework that google uses is fair enough.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:00 am
([msg=11115]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

Oh and good news people. Comperr et al decided to act on my recommendation of a permanent ban for our good friend here 43635. They deleted all his posts leaving me apparently the person who started a few threads including "HOW I MAKE WORM?" and "wat a crypto". Oh joy. ;)
Least everyone will think I am leet now :|
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ajrolfs3 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:58 pm
([msg=11218]see Re: Hacking Laws[/msg])

I must say I've enjoyed this discussion (even though I'm not anyware near "leet"); on the other hand where is the protection for privacy Dotmaster? Are you allowed to look into other people's files if you don't "damage" or copy them? Are you allowed to hack corporate boardroom discussions if you don't tell anyone else? How does this influence the concept of "hacktivism"?

Ajrolfs1
ajrolfs3
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics