Americans - who are you voting for?

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Choose your candidate

I'm not voting
28%
Mccain
30%
Obama
42%
Clinton
No votes

Total votes : 69

Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by OneArrow on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 pm
([msg=5157]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

romulous wrote:A few are, mostly feminists pissed that a woman will not be president this year.

Hell hath no fury... but fortunately it tends to pass just as quickly. I doubt this will have enough of an impact to sway the election in McCain's favor. Right after Obama's victory, the margin was much slimmer than it is now as far as the female vote is concerned (I recall hearing something last night about him having a substantial lead over McCain in that demographic, but I'd have to check into it further).
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm
([msg=5189]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

They switched because the thought of Clinton being president... OH NO!!! Dems say they got all kinds of switches, you know what they aint saying? That they register again for the other party! :D The republicans got it over with 2 months ahead of time and guess what? We are allowed to vote in the Dem primaries! So we picked... the easiest one to beat! :D
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by romulous on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 pm
([msg=5215]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

I believe you are suffering from delusions of adequacy. :twisted:
romulous
New User
New User

Post by pouringfingers on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 pm
([msg=5216]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Hey all,

Just out of curiosity, wondering why those voting for McCain made that choice?
pouringfingers
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 am
([msg=5241]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:They switched because the thought of Clinton being president... OH NO!!! Dems say they got all kinds of switches, you know what they aint saying? That they register again for the other party! :D The republicans got it over with 2 months ahead of time and guess what? We are allowed to vote in the Dem primaries! So we picked... the easiest one to beat! :D

Um, what?

IANAL, but from what I can tell, what you describe isn't even legal, not to mention unethical.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:32 am
([msg=5264]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

It is legal, its a major loophole, but if I recall... a democrat president made it that way in the 20th century, and its very LEGAL. sorry, I study law. I know what it is, and dude... ITS PERFECTLY LEGAL!!!
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by romulous on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am
([msg=5270]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

You study law??? I doubt that sincerely, but for the sake of arguement what is 42usc2000bb-1 ? If you can answer that for me, I will be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt. If not, then you will have to eat crow as your credibility is shot to shit. Not that you have much anyway. Faccist. :twisted:
romulous
New User
New User

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 am
([msg=5274]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Free exercise of religion!

(a) In general

Government shall not substantially burden a person's exercise of
religion even if the burden results from a rule of general
applicability, except as provided in subsection (b) of this section.

(b) Exception

Government may substantially burden a person's exercise of religion
only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person--
(1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and
(2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling
governmental interest.

(c) Judicial relief

A person whose religious exercise has been burdened in violation of
this section may assert that violation as a claim or defense in a
judicial proceeding and obtain appropriate relief against a government.
Standing to assert a claim or defense under this section shall be
governed by the general rules of standing under article III of the
Constitution.

(Pub. L. 103-141, Sec. 3, Nov. 16, 1993, 107 Stat. 1488.)

Section Referred to in Other Sections

This section is referred to in section 1996a of this title.
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by romulous on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:03 pm
([msg=5297]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Congrats! I believe you now. But where do you get some of your ideals from? Seriously, nuking a country just because you do not like them is not cool, nor is hating an entire race due to the actions of a few groups (I did not say individuals). I am a warmongering son of a bitch, always have been, but war is a tool that should only be used on enemies. Iraq was never our real enemy. They had no WMD program, no chemical weapons, only a military, and a dictator that was terrified of the US comming to finish off the job. Had we invaded Syria, a known state supporter of terrorism, I would not be bitching, or Pakistan's northern provinces to bring them back under government controll, that would be cool too (Pakistan is a nuclear power, and would react badly to a real invasion. Our troops are badass, but a nuke up the ass is badder.). There are many ways that we COULD have done this war that would not have reflected badly on us. Invading Iraq under false pretences was not one of them.

On a side note, what in fuck are we doing helping them rebuild? Ghengis Khan would concider us barbarians for our actions there. If you leave your enemy alive, at least strip him of the means to fight you again, or you will be opening yourself to future war. The way of war is to make it so terrifying a concept that you shudder and hesitate before even thinking about it. We have sent the message that if you fuck with us, and piss us off, we will overthrow your government and allow you to rebuild with BILLIONS of dollars of US money, so attack us now! Unbelievably fucking stupid. Remember, rape and pillage first! Only THEN burn!!! While a joke now, these words were fearsome then. If we kicked the Iraqi's out of Bagdad, Falloujah, etc now and blew the cities up, took away their right to own weapons more sophisticated than a knife, and closed their borders, we would be in a different boat. You have millions of homeless. You have disarmed them. You have destroyed their commerse. You have destroyed their government, but they will never be able to strike you back. Everyone will see them and say "Invade the US? Are you fucking INSANE????

But I digress. Obama is good, McCain is bad. Under Obama, Iraq will self destruct, under McCain, it will thrive but bring a holy war on us all. I say let them self destruct. They will have no one but themselves to blame.
romulous
New User
New User

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:42 pm
([msg=5302]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

We think alike!!! dont you think I know Khan would call us the barbarians?! Hell! I study War, Tactics and strategy! I read the Art of War! When I get the book from time to time! We should have invaded PAKISTAN/AFGHAN BORDER!!! and is Usama wasnt their... we invade Pakistan completly!
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Politics