Americans - who are you voting for?

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Choose your candidate

I'm not voting
19
28%
Mccain
21
30%
Obama
29
42%
Clinton
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 69

Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by OneArrow on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:22 pm
([msg=4726]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:Who are we bombing in Afghanistan? Islamic-Fascist!


In the interests of not starting a flame war, all I'm going to say is that you should really do your homework before heading out to the polls.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Sonic7145 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:38 pm
([msg=4739]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:McCain, The man is older and more experienced. Served a time in the AirForce, Became a POW for 5 years and escaped. He immediatly earns my respect. Obama hasnt. Besides wont electing Obama sound like the US is a 3rd world country? President Barack Hussein Obama, Is he a muslim in secret? YES! Because all their middle names are Hussein! Obama was barely in his into his first term as a Public "Servant" when he started to run! As a registered republican, I can laugh at the sight that Democrats are total hypocrites. Hes what I learned in the pass 8 years! The Democrat Party is the party of No Ideas, The Republicans are a party of bad ideas! Know how it works? In Congress (Or for you Europeans "Parliament" The republican stands up and goes I gotta really bad idea! And the Dem stands up and says "I can make it crappier!"



I really hope you're joking or something, but I have the sinking feeling you're serious. Please do some research and learn about the topics you mentioned.
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:56 am
([msg=4784]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

No im serious, Im right.
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by OneArrow on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:35 am
([msg=4793]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:No im serious, Im right.


And I'm serious. You're not. And here's why...

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:McCain, The man is older and more experienced.


Appeal to tradition. Just because something (or someone) is old, doesn't mean it's right.

Served a time in the AirForce, Became a POW for 5 years and escaped. He immediatly earns my respect. Obama hasnt.


A red herring. Impressive as his war record is, it has no direct bearing on how well he can run a country.

Besides wont electing Obama sound like the US is a 3rd world country?


Um, how?

President Barack Hussein Obama, Is he a muslim in secret? YES! Because all their middle names are Hussein!


My name happens to be the same as a registered sex offender. Therefore, we can clearly deduce that I'm a rapist, right?

That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.

Apart from being a personal attack, it's also a very bad appeal to fear that works only on the uneducated (as I recall, while his parents are Muslim, he himself is Christian, not that it matters at all in the first place). One's religion, so long as it isn't destructive, does not inherently impair one's fitness to govern. If you would contest that the Islamic faith is destructive, then we shouldn't elect Christian leaders, either: consider how many were killed during the Crusades and the Inquisition, after all!

Obama was barely in his into his first term as a Public "Servant" when he started to run!


Forget fallacies and unfounded attacks, you're just factually incorrect here. He's served at the state level since the late 90s. Do your homework.

As a registered republican, I can laugh at the sight that Democrats are total hypocrites.


Yes, because the tried and true smears across party lines will strengthen your argument in the eyes of anyone with the faintest clue of what they're talking about.

Hes what I learned in the pass 8 years! The Democrat Party is the party of No Ideas, The Republicans are a party of bad ideas! Know how it works? In Congress (Or for you Europeans "Parliament" The republican stands up and goes I gotta really bad idea! And the Dem stands up and says "I can make it crappier!"


This is my favorite. First of all, you claim authority by saying "[Here's] what [I've] learned in the [past] 8 years," while failing to realize that not all Europeans have the same form of government. Second of all, they don't share the same political parties as those in the United States. Moving on, say that either party had "no ideas" is an overly bold, overly broad (and factually false) statement. And finally, for all of your attacks (and lack of grammatical sense), I haven't found one single compelling argument yet.

Learn to type. Read a book or two. Do your research.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 pm
([msg=4856]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Okay, Obamas birth certificate says his name is Muhammod (Ached) Hussein Obama, Second, I meant to clarify that Congress is like Parliament in European countries, please, know what I talk about before you say something totally different. :lol:
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by romulous on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:23 pm
([msg=4888]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

There are no concievable circumstances that I would vote for McCain. I am a warmongering son of a bitch, I look on it as a good form of population controll, but serioulsy how can he even contemplate a 100+ year long fucking war??????

We had no real reason to invade Iraq to begin with, no WMD's, No chemical weapons, No biological weapons, No Al'Queda as they are opposed to the Iraqi leadership at the time (Differing religions). Nope, just W lying to congress and committing treason. Lots of good reasons to go: human rights violations, refusing to submit to UN inspections as part of the surrender agreement from the first gulf war, etc... but we did not go for those reasons. Nope, I like Obama's more concervative view on the war, i.e. get the fuck out asap.

Does anyone here remember how we won the cold war? We out spent the Russians. They tried to match us dollar for dollar, and collapsed their economy as a result. We on the other hand are now blowing $2,000,000,000 a WEEK on the war. Holy shit! Our dollar has fallen by half it's value since the retard has been in office, and it is still getting worse. As a result, I will never again vote for a republican.

Under Clinton 1.0 we actually had a budget SURPLUS of more than $300,000,000,000 for the first time, our national debt clock actually went DOWN. Say what you like about Bill, he at least he did not commit this nation to a course of war we had no business being in, and he did not send us to the poor house. next time you buy gas at 4+ dollars a gallon, groceries at double the usual price, etc... remember you have a republican to thank for it.
romulous
New User
New User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:11 pm
([msg=4895]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

First, He said we have troops in Japan, South Korea and Germany since the 40's and 50's, and those are at the minimal 10,000 troops. Not 155,000 TROOPS IN A COUNTRY. He didnt mean it goes on for 100 years. We were told their were WMDs, but both Republicans and Dems voted for war. Did I mention Hilary Clinton did? I dont have a republican to thank for it, Its supply and demand! 4 dollar gallon a gas, easily avoidable but you democrats wont drill for more oil! :evil: National Debt went down? Heh, by someone elses money other then Federal Reserves. Just because 1 republican screws it up dont mean every other one did. HATE THE PLAYER, NOT THE TEAM!!!
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by romulous on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:34 pm
([msg=4900]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

My bad, Here I confused a 100 year long military occupation with a war.
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain on Thursday defended his statement that U.S. troops could spend "maybe 100" years in Iraq -- saying he was referring to a military presence similar to what the nation already has in places like Japan, Germany and South Korea."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/mccain.king/
Unlike Japan, Germany, and South Korea, where we have a mutual defence treaty in place (Japan against China from whom they expected reprisal, Germany against Russia from whom they expected reprisal, and South Korea against North Korea from whom they expected reprisal... Seeing a pattern here?) we have no such treaty with Iraq. Iraq has no reagonal enemies to fear, as they are Muslim, all the same basic race, and generally get along well with others.

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:We were told their were WMDs, but both Republicans and Dems voted for war.

Yes, we voted for the war because Bush outright lied to congress about CIA intel reports. If I tell you the building is on fire, and you run outside based on my report, are you responsible? Hell no, I set you up based on false information.

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote: dont have a republican to thank for it, Its supply and demand! 4 dollar gallon a gas, easily avoidable but you democrats wont drill for more oil!

Supply and demand my ass. OPEC, the consortium of oil producing countries has not cut supply. There is not a shortage. We DO have investors buying and hording oil, but they recently got busted by OPEC's report. The "Shortage" is a manufactured crisis, not a real one. That said, we still have a dollar worth half of it's previous value because Bush is blowing money like it is free. Hell, they are now accepting Euro's in NYC now because it is worth more than our dollar is! I blame the team for supporting the moron they put in office.
romulous
New User
New User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Sonic7145 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:56 pm
([msg=4902]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

romulous is 100% right

Lord DarkMasterKyzer,
Why do you even give a crap what his name is or what other countries might "think" of us. Actually, I'd think it'd show how open the U.S., but that's not why I'm voting for Obama (who did NOT vote for the Iraq war, btw).

I suppose it's just a coincidence that nothing terrible happened to our economy and we had a $4 billion surplus under Bill Clinton then, right?
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by romulous on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:54 pm
([msg=4905]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

I agree with the hedge hog, one of the reasons we are so hated in the world is that we are precieved as a white's only club where racists rule. Having a white male only president since 1776 doesn't help that image any. Also, we are precieved as imperialists due to our owning of several areas without giving them state hood (Guam, Puerto Rico, etc...) and also our extended military occupation of some countries. Whether there for a good reason, or by invitation, we are still percieved as invaders. In Iraq, that reads INFIDEL. Infidels are to be killed by Islamic law. Thus we would spark an even bigger holy war. Let's just not and say we did'nt and leave it at that.
romulous
New User
New User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests