Americans - who are you voting for?

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Choose your candidate

I'm not voting
28%
Mccain
30%
Obama
42%
Clinton
No votes

Total votes : 69

Re: Americans - who are you voting for?

Post by Rijnzael on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 am
([msg=4575]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Rijnzael wrote:I agree with the poster above me. Leaving Iraq the second we get a new president would be just as much of a human rights violation as our invasion of the country. Though Iraq is clearly siphoning off needed money from other aspects of our national expenditures, Iraq would likely become more of a cesspool of militant activities than it already is, and the lives of Iraqi citizens would be at stake just as much or more than they were during Saddam's power. Until the country is clearly stable (who honestly knows what that means, maybe it already is), I don't think it would be wise to get out.

Even if that's the case, I'm voting Obama. I can only hope he's wise enough to see what would happen on an abrupt exit from Iraq. I'm sick of warrant-less wiretapping and the NSA having high-speed links into major points of presence throughout the country. My taxes may go up, but many of the encroachments on our freedoms in the United States will hopefully return to normalcy.
Rijnzael
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Sonic7145 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
([msg=4621]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Look around, Iraq is already a huge mess. Our guys our just stuck in the crossfire. Saddam was terrible, yes, but managed to keep stability at least, something we've so far proven unable to do. And Inferno, McCain has already said it wouldn't bother him to "stay there for 100 years." Can you honestly say, at $4 billion a week (which will likely increase if more troops are sent) that that's not a bigger issue for the US than the surge in violence that might occur if we leave?
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:59 pm
([msg=4641]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

McCain, The man is older and more experienced. Served a time in the AirForce, Became a POW for 5 years and escaped. He immediatly earns my respect. Obama hasnt. Besides wont electing Obama sound like the US is a 3rd world country? President Barack Hussein Obama, Is he a muslim in secret? YES! Because all their middle names are Hussein! Obama was barely in his into his first term as a Public "Servant" when he started to run! As a registered republican, I can laugh at the sight that Democrats are total hypocrites. Hes what I learned in the pass 8 years! The Democrat Party is the party of No Ideas, The Republicans are a party of bad ideas! Know how it works? In Congress (Or for you Europeans "Parliament" The republican stands up and goes I gotta really bad idea! And the Dem stands up and says "I can make it crappier!"
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Inferno96 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 pm
([msg=4644]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Sonic, McCain is referencing the fact that we till have a few troops stationed in Germany, Japan, Vietnam, and other countries we've been to war with previously. We always leave a few troops stationed in the countries we've been at war with. He doesn't want to lie that's why he says things like, "It doesn't matter as much when all our troops have left". He even referenced that fact, right after that quote, in a speech a few days ago.

Listen, I don't like the social barriers the Republican party puts up--that is, their restriction of freedoms. I also don't like the economic policies introduced by the Democratic party. For me I have to choose between the two, although I wish there was a happy medium.

And just for the record, I don't think going into Iraq was a smart idea in retrospect, I just don't think it's a smart idea to leave it as quickly as possible.
Inferno96
New User
New User

Post by Rijnzael on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 am
([msg=4697]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:McCain, The man is older and more experienced. Served a time in the AirForce, Became a POW for 5 years and escaped. He immediatly earns my respect. Obama hasnt. Besides wont electing Obama sound like the US is a 3rd world country? President Barack Hussein Obama, Is he a muslim in secret? YES! Because all their middle names are Hussein! Obama was barely in his into his first term as a Public "Servant" when he started to run! As a registered republican, I can laugh at the sight that Democrats are total hypocrites. Hes what I learned in the pass 8 years! The Democrat Party is the party of No Ideas, The Republicans are a party of bad ideas! Know how it works? In Congress (Or for you Europeans "Parliament" The republican stands up and goes I gotta really bad idea! And the Dem stands up and says "I can make it crappier!"

I'm a registered republican too, but I fail to see how your ad hominem and generalized arguments hold any merit.
Rijnzael
Poster
Poster

Post by tph23 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 pm
([msg=4706]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

I'm not rooting for any of them. But, I would say McCain if I had to.
tph23
New User
New User

Post by ScrAm on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm
([msg=4709]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Well, I'm too young to vote, but I thought that it is pretty funny how Clinton has 0%.
I'd probably pick Obama though.
ScrAm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by newdude on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 pm
([msg=4711]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

i am too young to vote but i would not have voted for clinton
out of all of them McCain is the best choice
newdude
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 pm
([msg=4712]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm not convinced that either candidate, or either party, has it completely right. Just like I don't believe in wasting my time teaching those what little I know about hacking if they don't want to think for themselves, I don't believe in wasting what little money I earn contributing to universal health care, to support those who refuse to pull their own weight (this isn't to say that all of the underprivileged are lazy and apathetic by any means, but I have met my share). I'll concede that health care isn't ideal, but this isn't the approach to fix it.

Likewise, I'm not about to sacrifice my social freedoms, of those of my friends and family, for the sake of someone else's "family values." Let me determine my own moral and ethical code, based on my own values and beliefs. Corporate, political, and religious influences should only have bearing on how I live my personal life as a law-abiding citizen to the extent that I (not the government) allow.

All that said, I think that Obama is the lesser of two evils. If the potential to recover (and perhaps even establish) personal freedoms is going to cost me and my business more money, so be it.

Lord DarkMasterKyzer wrote:...And the Dem stands up and says "I can make it crappier!"

And yet, the quality of a majority of their ideas doesn't hold a candle to how poor and unfounded your "arguments" are. To cry "OMG HE IZ MUSILMISM" shows a complete lack of understanding of what the religion is really about, among other things. Consider doing some research before spouting off nonsense.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by Lord DarkMasterKyzer on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm
([msg=4720]see Re: Americans - who are you voting for?[/msg])

Who are we bombing in Afghanistan? Islamic-Fascist!
Lord DarkMasterKyzer
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Politics