I know this would not be coming anytime soon, even if the idea is liked, as the devs/admins are very busy now.
I was thinking that it would be cool to simulate a Terminal/CLI, and make it interactive; probably by some flash programming. We could use this to create challenges, where the goal would be to do what it takes to gain root access into a target machine, place a root-kit on the machine, gain persistent access to the machine, etc... If you could program the flash script to respond to certain commands and outcomes like a real terminal, it would be a great new set of challenges! When making the challenges, you could do something like these examples (Of course excluding the parenthesis):
1. Figure out what the os for remote host 192.168.1.0 is. (nmap -Pn 192.168.1.0)
2. Gain root access to a Linux Ubuntu machine, the IP is 192.168.1.0 (SSH Not Protected > ssh firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Gain root access to a Linux Ubuntu machine, the IP is 192.168.1.0 (SSH Protected > bruteforce the password with a dictionary on our programmed machine, and then ssh into remote host ssh email@example.com)
You could use any number like 192.168.1.0 in the example above, and ask for certain things to be done, such as the 3 above. The flash program would simulate a real terminal, although it doesn't do any harm, as it's all programmed to only simulate what would happen in real life.
Just a thought...
1. No system is safe.
2. Aim for the the impossible.
3. Have fun in cyberspace and meatspace.
For those that know