using a Mac to hack windows?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

using a Mac to hack windows?

Post by youngboy93 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm
([msg=62640]see using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

I'm very interested between the differences of mac and windows os. I know that mac is rarely vulnerable to viruses and hackers but im also wondering can you use a mac to hack windows by using macs terminal and access windows ports etc? Im not looking to hack anybody, im just curious because I can't find the answer to my question. So I, thought this would be the best place to get some answers.
youngboy93
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: using a Mac to hack windows?

Post by Mars7411 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 pm
([msg=62641]see Re: using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

I'm pretty sure you could hack windows using a mac but it would require quite a bit of portable operating system interface based on UNIX (POSIX) knowledge.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 am
([msg=62644]see Re: using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

youngboy93 wrote:I'm very interested between the differences of mac and windows os. I know that mac is rarely vulnerable to viruses and hackers but im also wondering can you use a mac to hack windows by using macs terminal and access windows ports etc? Im not looking to hack anybody, im just curious because I can't find the answer to my question. So I, thought this would be the best place to get some answers.

Mac's aren't any harder to hack than Windows (save for a few idiotic things M$ does), it's just that they have a lower portion of the market share because they're so expensive, so nobody bothers to write virus's for them, as it would only affect a small portion of the world.

I can't say much about the Macintosh terminal, but assuming that it's like the Linux terminal's, you can't hack people with it. While (Still assuming it's like Linux's terminal) it's still 1000 times better than Window's shitty command prompt, you still can't hack people with it. But, you can hack a Windows machine with a Mac. You can hack a Mac with a Windows machine, you can hack a Linux machine with Mac or Windows and visa-versa. You'll find as you adventure into hacking that all modern/main-steam OS's can hack all other modern/main-stream OS's.

I'd suggest that you use Google a bit more before asking us easily Google-able questions in the future.

Mars7411 wrote:I'm pretty sure you could hack windows using a mac but it would require quite a bit of portable operating system interface based on UNIX (POSIX) knowledge.

LULWUT.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by VPR3 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 pm
([msg=62667]see Re: using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

I would say Macs are easier to crack. Sometime ago I remember seeing some guys from Symantec going from nothing to cracked in less than 3 minutes when targeting a Mac.
VPR3
Poster
Poster

Post by 1amtinytim on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:13 pm
([msg=62740]see Re: using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

I have heard there are some compatibility issues. Like between microsoft office stuff (if you were to say get a hold of a word document on a windows machine while on a mac) and other such things. So aside from preparing for little things like that I don't see how the OS that you use would really make much of a difference.
1amtinytim
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 pm
([msg=62744]see Re: using a Mac to hack windows?[/msg])

1amtinytim wrote:I have heard there are some compatibility issues. Like between microsoft office stuff (if you were to say get a hold of a word document on a windows machine while on a mac) and other such things. So aside from preparing for little things like that I don't see how the OS that you use would really make much of a difference.

Well it does make a difference. Different programs are usable to different OS's. Even some scripting languages differ in themselves between Windows and Unix. There's a lot of differences that would made it easier/harder to hack with depending on the OS.
mShred
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to General