Need help With Learning.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Need help With Learning.

Post by klaexis on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:53 pm
([msg=61058]see Need help With Learning.[/msg])

Hi i am new to everything on this site. I got help on forums for every single basic mission. I am reading up on alot of information and still am stuck on basic 8. Any good websites/tips that can help me understand this better?
klaexis
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need help With Learning.

Post by mShred on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 pm
([msg=61060]see Re: Need help With Learning.[/msg])

Understand basic 8 better? Or understand computers/hacking in general?
Either way, I'll start off by telling you that Google will be your friend. If you come across something you don't know, Google it. IF you come across something that you think is interesting, Google it. After you Google it, Google it some more. Then Bing it. And then, you guessed it, Google it some more. Anyway, it's all about broadening your knowledge base. Maybe pick a programming language. That'd help you understand a lot of what's going on behind the scenes. Along with picking up a linux distro. These will all give you a better understanding of computers.
mShred
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Need help With Learning.

Post by sanddbox on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 pm
([msg=61068]see Re: Need help With Learning.[/msg])

Trust me, you don't need help with learning. Just remember a few things:

• It takes several months for the fog to clear and you to start actually understanding if you make an effort. If not, you'll probably never understand everything. Effort is everything, which means not only making a conscious effort to learn but Googling/looking up anything you don't know.
  • Don't take the missions too seriously. They're great for getting into the world of hacking, but in retrospect they're pretty poorly designed (especially Basic 11, jesus christ).
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum, but make sure they're good questions that aren't easily answerable by a google search or otherwise require some sort of unique human insight.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General