This is pull, one of the old-school devs.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.

Post by pu1l on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:15 pm
([msg=50787]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

thetan wrote:xec arrested ... what else is new. Anyways, if you are legitimately in contact with spiffomatic64 then just ask him for cash, he was always into helping people out and his six figure income was never a secret either.

Spiff can't afford it with the wedding and the holidays. Him and hailey I suppose are finally getting married.
pu1l
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:45 pm
([msg=50791]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

Do you have anything you can pawn or sell? I know it sucks, but, given your situation it might be the best way. I noticed in the original post you mentioned you got screwed over by your ex. If you were married you should deuce the ring so you have some cash.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Rijnzael on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:10 pm
([msg=50795]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

The Boulder shelter system is extremely well developed. Life happens, shit happens, and the system provides ways for coping. Join many of the millions of Americans suffering through this economy in a shelter. You can also just hole up in your dwelling and require the land lord begin eviction proceedings if you want to buy yourself some time.
Rijnzael
Poster
Poster

Post by insomaniacal on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm
([msg=50800]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

I, like Sanddbox, feel fucking new.

Anyway, I'm assuming you have no car, but joining a shelter doesn't sound like too bad an idea, especially if you can spend lots of time looking for something to do. Try doing some freelance programming work, someone recommended www.freelancer.com awhile ago.

It won't magically make money appear, but if you can manage to find a place to stay, it might help build back a base for yourself. Either way, best of luck!
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by pu1l on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 am
([msg=50830]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

I've never stayed in a shelter, and no offense to those of you who think it's all fine and dandy, but it's not a nice place. If you wanna compare it to the denver shelter, sure. I need cash or work, I can bounce around for probably another few weeks.
Right now we're retailing at the flea market, I just have no seed money, mainly craigslist freebees and favors from friends.

I came here to ask for help with money to be completely honest, and the feedback I'm getting makes it seem like the majority of you have never been in a difficult situation. I don't need lectures, and I appreciate the REAL help you guys have offered.
This next comment is directed towards Rijn: I know your type, and honestly your half-assed "help" and your uninformed ideas are truly pathetic. I'm glad that you've lived a blessed life, and surrounded yourself with those who're financially stable. It has left you calloused and arrogant. Next time, keep that shit to yourself, you've never stepped near a shelter, a food-bank, or even a social services office. Don't even THINK about telling me what the impoverished American does, when you don't even know one personally. I know the daughter selling food-stamps for diapers, I know the men COMPLETELY taken advantage of by their employers simply because of the fact that they've found out they're homeless. I know those Americans you claim are doing it perfectly fine, and they're not. Two of my best friends have killed themselves in the past 6 months because of situations as such.
"Those who wish to appear learned to the fools, appear fools to the learned."

I have nothing left to pawn, my daughter was induced because my girlfriend had preeclampsia (which was causing BP of 190/170 and is cured by induction 99.9% of the time, it wasn't this time, she continued to have stroke level BP for months afterward) The mother of my child caught a fever an hour before my daughter was born. She had perfect APGAR scores, but went blue due to an HAI. (though they never identified which one) They put her on oxygen and insisted that this is common and her lungs just hadn't "opened up" yet. We went to sleep and woke up to her on a ventilator at 100% Oxygen with a blood O2 level of 48. She was flown to Children's Hospital (they put her on an oscillating ventilator which stabilized her blood O2). But still her lungs collapsed (due to multiple pneumothoraces in each lung) on her heart and she flatlined for 16 minutes. They brought her back and she was then put on ECMO (which is a heart and lung bypass). They gave her a 5% chance to live and guaranteed brain damage if she survived, she showed no improvement for 2 weeks, until I PERSONALLY questioned the placement of the chest tubes. She has since made a full recovery. Unfortunately I had just switched between the hiring agency and the company I was working for so I had NO sick time acrewed. I had overdrafted my account by 50$, and someone within the time of a month they managed to jack it up to near 500$ BBVA Compass charged me initially 50$ overdraft fee, a 50$ NSF fee, a 10$ daily overdrafted fee, and after 3 weeks another 50$ "extended overdraft fee." Which left me at -600$ while I was in the hospital, and my next paycheck was direct deposited and left me with 12$. The DAY we took her home from the hospital, my employer called me and told me corporate policy allowed me ONE more day, or I would be terminated. I started working again, but due to the constant attention my new daughter and the 4 hospitalizations my ex-fiance had for her preeclampsia, they were "forced to let me go." I informed my landlord (who was already trying to raise the rent on me) that I would not be able to afford this place anymore, and since we were on a month to month lease, I would be gone by the first. Unfortunately my ex-fiance had to be hospitalized once again at the end of the month. I had called my landlord to inform him of the situation on the 3rd and he told me "I don't give a fucking shit, all your shit is going in the trash, you're gonna need to dig it out or it'll be gone by tomorrow." So I left the hospital immediately recover my belongings, to find out he was throwing everything out on trash day, within hours of the garbage trucks arrival. As I'm sifting everything I own out, I notice my 400$ cookware, 600$ kitchen knives, 750$ television and 600$ computer are missing. I assume he was betting I wouldn't make it there in time. He even stole the copper bowl out of my 40$ copper pit. Well, I called the police and they informed me that this is a civil issue, and I'd have to sue. There was no chance he was going to give me my 900$ security deposit either. Beautiful country.
I was forced to move back in with my parents, and while there, they were served with a 48-hour eviction. We had to vacate the property and find a place for everything or the sheriffs would just toss it all on the curb. We moved into a 2 person hotel with them and 2 dogs. This is no place for our child, but we had an offer from ex-fiance's mother. If we were working or going to school we'd have a place to stay rent-free to get back on our feet. I was weary of this offer because she's a TERRIBLE alcoholic (She was drunk at my daughters birth, and missed it because she passed out and hit her head into the wall, the doctors would later tell me she had a blood-alcohol level of .42). I talked to my ex-fiance's grandmother, the mother of the woman who made this offer, and she assured me it was legitimate and more importantly, sober and had been so for 6 months. She also assured me that if ANYTHING happened, she would give us a place to stay.
I reluctantly took the offer, and she picked us up from the airport DRUNK, with my child in the car. She got to the point where she was drinking listerine to get a buzz. Well, the house was her fiance's. He broke up with her, called off the wedding, and gave us 6 days to get out. The grandmother of my ex-fiance insisted she would give us a place to stay, but her husband couldn't deal with a child in their residence at his age. Her best offer was to drive us to social-services to see what they could do. We had to apply for a once-in-a-lifetime emergency family assistance grant. Which allows you 2 weeks in a hotel.

This is all within 7 months. I will continue the story if anyone else really cares.
As I said, It's a shitty situation, and maybe this will help you guys understand that the only reason I'd come back here to help is because I truly have nowhere else to go. If anyone would be willing to lend me money to help with a deposit, or better yet if you can get me some freelance PHP work, or a payable job. Please help me out with some GOOD freelance websites (rent-a-coder is shite).

If anyone can help with even a few bucks 5-10$, it adds up quickly. And more-so with that, help me find some contract work. Unfortunately I can only do PHP backends, but please look around.

I will post the rest of the story if anyone else cares. It's just really long, I still have 15 more months of my trip through hell.
pu1l
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 am
([msg=50832]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

pu1l wrote:This next comment is directed towards Rijn: I know your type, and honestly your half-assed "help" and your uninformed ideas are truly pathetic. I'm glad that you've lived a blessed life, and surrounded yourself with those who're financially stable. It has left you calloused and arrogant. Next time, keep that shit to yourself, you've never stepped near a shelter, a food-bank, or even a social services office. Don't even THINK about telling me what the impoverished American does, when you don't even know one personally.

I am disappoint.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Vulpine on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 am
([msg=50841]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

I'm on the Front Range with you. Small world...

I can't point you toward any IT contract work but I can vouch for the ridiculously vast number of temporary employment offices between Denver and Boulder. I had a rough time finding work a while back and ended up patching together some full-time work through about ten different offices.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by pu1l on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:14 am
([msg=50892]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

Yah, it's rough with all the layoffs at seagate and IBM you have 10-20 veterans applying for 10$ hr entry-level jobs. I straight up had a woman tell me that since she had so many apps "There was no way she'd hire me."

-- Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm --

I'm asking for help, if anyone wants to talk to me personally, email me at waffers [at] gmail. Or hit me up on AIM at waffers

-- Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 am --

I'm gonna be homeless the day after Christmas. If anyone could try anything is be forever in your debt! Wish me luck :(
pu1l
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 am
([msg=51102]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

This may sound horrible, and I can't imagine the thoughts you've endured, but all I can think of is maybe ask a church? I'm not religious by any means but, hell, anything seems like it could help.

Good luck, dude.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by pu1l on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
([msg=51222]see Re: This is pull, one of the old-school devs.[/msg])

Last time I asked the church they almost got me kicked out of my hotel. I paid my hotel 45$ and it was 75$ for the day, I gave them that to hold onto my shit and not lock me out (which they'd done before) so I was trying to get the other 30$ together. So the pastor insisted we were going to stay at a different hotel, and called my hotel (against my wishes) and demanded they give me my 45$ and was apparently very rude about it. Well they ended up putting a lock on the door handle until they got the other 30$... they pretty much held my belongings hostage. I really couldn't believe a pastor would do that...
pu1l
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to General