Podcasts

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Podcasts

Post by ihvpcinhm on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:38 am
([msg=21603]see Podcasts[/msg])

Hi there,
I am new here. I spend a considerable amount of time in a vehicle. I have been listening to a few podcasts like Mighty Seek, going Linux, amongst others. I downloaded some shows off Spoitcast today as well. Do you have any suggestions as to good podcasts. It is hard to find good informations. For example on YouTube, most stuff 'hacks' do not work. However I did find some good stuff on youtube as well.

Another question:
I have heard a lot of people say to learn C first. Some to learn Python, maybe Perl. I'm wondering what direction to go. Python or C? I am on Basic 7. How should I proceed after Basic Missions?

Thanks,
cgoto1064
ihvpcinhm
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Podcasts

Post by AtlasDark on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:51 am
([msg=21621]see Re: Podcasts[/msg])

Learning Python will allow you to familiarize yourself with the syntax (though I believe C uses bracketed syntax whilst Python utilizes whitespace indentation) and become more comfortable with coding; alike C, Python is modular and bears some resemblance to what you will see in the field. I hear that they are both easily employed to any field, making them great for general use.

After the Basic Missions, I advise moving on to the other mission subsets (realistic, logic, et cetera).
AtlasDark
Poster
Poster

Re: Podcasts

Post by moonloghtkiller on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:39 pm
([msg=21740]see Re: Podcasts[/msg])

I honestly don't *completely* know a programming language(writing my own programs). Study the basics of php and C, a bit of SQL and you'll do alright.
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Return to General